Have a home workout room?

Options
busyPK
busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
Does anyone have a home workout room that they want to share pictures of? I am in the market to make one of my spare bedrooms into one and need inspiration. Thanks

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would share mine. But it is extremely basic. My elliptical, and a mat on the floor near it for yoga and core work..lol (edited to add I'd also be interested to see other people's little home workout zones!) :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    My husband is nearing completion of ours ... in the basement/garage.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Old pictures, there's more stuff now but you get the idea:

99624627304581744703.jpg
    21777730884898581982.jpg
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oh how much I wish I could have a dedicated home workout area. I'd love to have a rowing machine, for example.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the garage, call it my multipurpose room..Lol, I'll post pics later.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

99624627304581744703.jpg
    21777730884898581982.jpg

Jealous.

• demoiselle2014
    Options
    rumijs wrote: »

99624627304581744703.jpg
    21777730884898581982.jpg

Jealous.

Me, too. I love living in NYC, but that makes a home gym impractical. Even if I had an extra room I doubt I could have much of a fitness room (due to noise issues with downstairs neighbors).
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mine is a shared office space for my husband and a gym for me. I've got a three-tier weight rack with dumbbells from 5lbs to 40lbs, an adjustable weight bench, an aerobic stepper (the green one with purple feet :) ), and a Swiss ball. I also bought a few full-length mirrors at Wal-Mart to check for form (the cheapy $5 ones). That's all I really need. Ideally, we'll eventually take out the carpet and put down laminate hardwood, and I would love to have an elliptical or a treadmill, but it works for now.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mine is the dining room in my apartment (it doubles as a computer and exercise area). I don't have pics, but it's very basic. I have an elliptical, and then I have weights, a yoga mat, and resistance bands that I keep in a closet. I'm hoping to get some more equipment, just for variety, but figuring out where to keep it will be interesting...
  • demoiselle2014
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    Mine is the dining room in my apartment (it doubles as a computer and exercise area). I don't have pics, but it's very basic. I have an elliptical, and then I have weights, a yoga mat, and resistance bands that I keep in a closet. I'm hoping to get some more equipment, just for variety, but figuring out where to keep it will be interesting...

Do you have a downstairs neighbor? How do you deal with the noise from the elliptical?
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do have downstairs neighbors, but my elliptical is pretty quite and I don't do much jumping or anything like that. If it does make noise, they haven't complained about it XD
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have one as well but it's a shared space for my scrapbooking and wine etc.

I have pads on the floor, weigh plates stacked neatly in a corner, squat rack against a wall, bench on another wall that gets moved out when needed...I don't do cardio at home..walking/running/biking is all done outside.
  • mnorv
    mnorv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the living room. I just put away the bike trainer and yoga mat when not in use. The furniture is arranged in a way that so it is on the side of the room
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Half of my finished basement serves as my workout room right now. The other half is our family room so I have a tv for workout videos and a stereo. I have my treadmill and a weight bench that holds my weights underneath. I also have a pull up bar in our laundry room which is right next to my workout room. I would love to fix it up more but it serves it's purpose and it's in the basement so I can workout early in the morning without disturbing the rest of the family.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback and pictures!! All I have right now is my treadmill, some hand weights and a mat. I think I'll get some cheap mirrors like you @MlleKelly :) Maybe a ball and something else in my future. Keep the info and snap some pics people, even if it's a small area.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

99624627304581744703.jpg
    21777730884898581982.jpg

Wow. (Wipes drool away)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the garage, call it my multipurpose room..Lol, I'll post pics later.

Mine too, plus I have the bikes in there & my scuba gear. The treadmill & rowing machine are in the basement.....

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've taken over a section of our garage. Set up my weight bench/plates/etc out there. Not enough room there yet to move the treadmill, so for now I keep the treadmill in the bedroom.

Next on my list is to get a squat rack to put out there.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I do. Punching bag, pole, treadmill, spin bike, weights, mats for yoga, lebert equalizers. Oh and a fire place for chilly days :) pool outside! Pic in my profile...
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options

99624627304581744703.jpg
    21777730884898581982.jpg

BTW totally jealous. Would be ecstatic to have a set up like this.