on a calorie deficit still not loosing??

Options
Hey guys!!! I am feeling really demotivated today when I checked my weight after a week and don't see any change. I was eating within my budgeted calories of 1260kal, which is itself very low but somehow managed with it along with some exercise too. I have no idea why its not working for me, if weight loss is a science and depends on calorie deficit only. It seems no matter how much I eat, my weight is unchanged.. comment to help!!!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    One week?
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    One week is not enough time. Weight fluctuates. If you're about to have your period, you hold on to water weight. Exercise could make you hold on to water weight as well, because the muscles need water to repair. Otherwise: with that amount of calories AND exercise, you should definitely be losing weight. So either you're counting wrong, or you have a super special condition.

Furthermore, you don't need to go hungry to lose weight. On excercise says I would eat more than 1200 kcal. You want to lose fat, not your muscle along with it. You're in for the long run, not a short sprint. Don't forget that. Try upping your protein!
  • Lavorazione
    Lavorazione Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. For me, the solution was to modify my macros ratio. I noticed I was generally eating 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30%. When I started increasing my protein intake (aiming for 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs) I started to lose weight quickly.

This article helped me to get this insight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

Good luck!
  • jasminerz2015
    jasminerz2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    One week is not enough time. Weight fluctuates. If you're about to have your period, you hold on to water weight. Exercise could make you hold on to water weight as well, because the muscles need water to repair. Otherwise: with that amount of calories AND exercise, you should definitely be losing weight. So either you're counting wrong, or you have a super special condition.

Furthermore, you don't need to go hungry to lose weight. On excercise says I would eat more than 1200 kcal. You want to lose fat, not your muscle along with it. You're in for the long run, not a short sprint. Don't forget that. Try upping your protein!

I don't have any health conditions that can resist weight loss but yes.. about to have periods and secondly I don't gain weight very fast no matter how much I eat also .. so may b I won't b loosing weight that fast also... This is really heart breaking :(
  • jasminerz2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    One week?

Lol... its been 2 weeks I started.. I lost around 1 kg in first week but nuthing in 2nd !!!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A (few) week(s) is not enough time to see any change. Maybe some water weight, but that is pretty much it. I took a look at your diary. I would suggest you start to weigh everything. No more cups or pieces. A 'large egg' leaves a lot of leeway on a calorie dense food item, for example :wink: Once you start doing that, see how much of a deficit you are actually eating. I don't know if you do, but if you eat back exercise calories, try not to eat more than about 50% of them. Exercise calories tend to be I overestimated and food calories underestimated. Give it a little more time, alright? Good luck!
  • jasminerz2015
    Options
    I had the same problem. For me, the solution was to modify my macros ratio. I noticed I was generally eating 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30%. When I started increasing my protein intake (aiming for 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs) I started to lose weight quickly.

This article helped me to get this insight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

Good luck!

Yes... my macros says 50-60% carbs , 15-20% protein and 15% fats ... may b I need to modify my diet. Thanx hey :)
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good luck!

Yes... my macros says 50-60% carbs , 15-20% protein and 15% fats ... may b I need to modify my diet. Thanx hey :)

Try it to feel more sated and keep your body happy, but I feel obliged to comment that weight loss literally is calories in vs calories out. If you eat less than you burn, you will shed pounds. It really is as simple as that if you don't have a medical condition :smile:
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    One week?

Lol... its been 2 weeks I started.. I lost around 1 kg in first week but nuthing in 2nd !!!

Give it more time. 2 weeks is nothing.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    She's not on a deficit. She's not weighing her food or building recipes for home-made things.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Your expectations are completely unrealistic. The fact you say you are unmotivated and heartbroken after only a week shows you would do well to read up on how weight loss works maybe from some of the stickies posted on each forum.

Unless you are actually at a deficit through eating less and moving more then you will not lose.
    Weight loss is not linear and you will need to be patient and weight will come off over time if you are at deficit.
    Losing weight requires a long term commitment and determination.
    Typical weight loss for someone with so little to lose could be 1- 0.5lb a week and you are above that. You are getting upset and willing to throw the towel in when your loss is above average and there are all sorts of other reasons why you might not be losing.

Unreasonable expectations.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Losing on an indian diet can be tricky. All fat (and not good fats) and simple carbs. White rice with chicken curry or beef curry that. Tandoori, vercelli, sweets and kebabs. I am Indian and although I gained muscle I gained a lot more fat despite working out like crazy. I had to get rid of the simple carbs and bad fats. I had to revamp my whole diet to keep it simple. Worked for me.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ibnfaqir wrote: »
    Losing on an indian diet can be tricky. All fat (and not good fats) and simple carbs. White rice with chicken curry or beef curry that. Tandoori, vercelli, sweets and kebabs. I am Indian and although I gained muscle I gained a lot more fat despite working out like crazy. I had to get rid of the simple carbs and bad fats. I had to revamp my whole diet to keep it simple. Worked for me.

All that OP needs to do is stay at a calorie deficit, the fact that her diet is carbs and fat is irrelevant for weight loss.
    Weight loss is CALORIES IN VS CALORIES out, that's it. Not losing weight? You are eating more than you think.

Also 1kg in 2 weeks is half a kilo a week, a reasonable amount for that period of time.

Edit: Noticed you are only trying to lose 22lbs.. So 0.5kg a week is definitely an appropriate goal.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't have any health conditions that can resist weight loss but yes.. about to have periods and secondly I don't gain weight very fast no matter how much I eat also .. so may b I won't b loosing weight that fast also... This is really heart breaking :(

Disappointing maybe, but not really heart breaking! 2 weeks is nothing, just keep going and see what happens in another few weeks.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'm jealous. Because if not losing weight for a couple of weeks is what you consider "heartbreaking", then you have truly lived a charmed life and I wish I were you.
  • jasminerz2015
    Options

Good luck!

Try it to feel more sated and keep your body happy, but I feel obliged to comment that weight loss literally is calories in vs calories out. If you eat less than you burn, you will shed pounds. It really is as simple as that if you don't have a medical condition :smile:

No medical condition... my blood pressure , auger level , blood tests , bone intensity tests etc .. everything fine .. no issues so far !!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Two weeks? You're still in box 1.

8q45poljfp4q.jpg
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I would lose the melon sugar bombs personally, and tighten up your logging as there are items with calories but no carbs/fat/protein.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    She's not on a deficit. She's not weighing her food or building recipes for home-made things.

I agree with this. If you been a maintance or gaining weight for a duration of time then switch to calorie deficit you should lose something.

2.2 pounds lose in two weeks seems like a good moderate calorie deficit though.

• megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your weight will naturally fluctuate from day to day. Give it some time. And then focus on the general trend over time, not on short-term fluctuations. Also, make sure you're weighing yourself at the same time each day, under the same conditions, wearing the same thing, etc.