Magic wand not found!!

Options
derri78
derri78 Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hiya!!..
So I've searched eBay,amazon local super markets for my magic wand.. So I can wake up thin and fit... So far no luck ... The realization has kicked in that this is a life style change.. How do people keep motivated ?x

Replies

• catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Keep waving your inner magic wand!
  • derri78
    Options
    Lol that I will do x
  • nelliaj
    nelliaj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Talking to people who have similar goals!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You need to change your habits. Once they become part of your daily life, motivation doesn't really matter. Remember this is for life, not just til you reach your goal.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    You need to change your habits. Once they become part of your daily life, motivation doesn't really matter. Remember this is for life, not just til you reach your goal.

This^ - motivation will ebb and flow, but habits once formed will just stay with you and your new way of eating and exercising will be second nature. I would suggest if you are just starting to change habits a little at a time and then add things as you get used to the habits you make.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Don't try and change everything at once, make small changes over time, giving each one time to become a habit that you will keep to long term.

Find exercise you enjoy and it will be less of a chore.

Set weight and fitness goals to keep you focussed and motivated.

Good luck! Realising that your need a lifestyle change is a huge first step; I'm sure you'll do great.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I love that! If you ever find a magic wand, please let me know.

in the meantime, what is working for me is a combination of inner drive and the right people in my life. My inner drive is motivated by the fact that I have a specific goal that I am working toward. This goal which is very important to me, is to be a better fencer. I love my sport and want to see how high I can move up the National Rankings and in order to do that I spend time and energy training in fitness and eating healthily. The people who help me to get there are mostly the trainers and other gym members at my cross training place. I do MMA style fitness classes and Brazilian Jui Jitsu to help with my fencing and the crowd at that gym are my biggest supporters, but also the ones who push me the hardest.
  • derri78
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments... I will take onboard everything you all have said.
    I have determination so that has to be a plus .. Lol xx
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What works for me is external goals. I have a weight my doctors want me at but I don't really care. I just want to be healthy. I work towards accomplishing goals. One more pushup, one more rep, a little more weight, one more minute running/biking. That's what keeps me going, if I'm working towards something I can physically do and control I seem to do much better.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Determination is great! But, don't rely on it or motivation to be constant, as others have mentioned.

Make a sustainable eating plan. Move more. Be active and then just do it. Don't ask yourself if you WANT to eat what is on your plan or if you WANT to exercise that day. Do it just like you go to work and clean house and do laundry, etc.

Also, sometimes it's a new motivating factor every day that helps. Maybe one day it's because you want to be healthier. Maybe another it's because there is an item of clothing you want to fit into. It's an ever-evolving process so be open minded and do what works for YOU.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, you can't magically wish away being fat or overweight or unfit. You have to work for the things you want. You want to have money to buy things, you need to work. You want to lose weight, you need to put in the work.

For activity, find things you truly enjoy (it doesn't need to feel like a chore).
    For food, eat the foods you love in moderation and fit them into your calorie goal and macros.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can make your own magic wand.

1) find stick.
    2) hold on to stick.
    4) don't eat.
    5) when desired weight, drop stick and resume eat

your mileage and wellbeing may vary
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For real though, others have said this already but find and form habits that you can hold on to and be able to do even on your worst days. Over several years I've built up a few (e.g. not drinking soda, eating more slowly) that have helped each weight loss attempt more successful, and my general weight over the years has been lower.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Honestly.... I got a trainer and it was the best decision I ever made. I had him write down every work out we did and then emulated those and added my own variations from other people I followed on IG. STAY ACTIVE! But most importantly you can't out exercise a bad diet ;)
  • derri78
    Options
    Yeah I have a personal trainer.. We have 2/3 sessions a week and I swim daily too.. Sometimes its just a struggle x
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    A *personal trainer* and still need a magic wand? Strong drive.
  • derri78
    Options
    He kills me!!! Lol... I'm extremely overweight and I want instant gratification lol..x
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we all wish we could have a magic wand that fixes all our problems in life. I enjoy walking, and that is my primary method of exercise. Courtesy of this site, I monitor my eating habits. After a month of being on this site, I can see a small drop in my weight. The magic wand is consistency.
  • derri78
    Options
    Thank you!. I'm glad you are seeing results xx
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    derri78 wrote: »
    Hiya!!..
    So I've searched eBay,amazon local super markets for my magic wand.. So I can wake up thin and fit... So far no luck ... The realization has kicked in that this is a life style change.. How do people keep motivated ?x

Small changes over time makes it easier for me to make big changes in the long run. It doesn't all have to be at once.

There is always a little part of me that cries that over the fact that one has to do all this work to get fit (or thin, or whatever your goal is) and that one can't then just sit back and stay that way. There's a part of me inside that cries "What do you mean I have to KEEP DOING PUSHUPS to stay good at doing pushups?" Ugh.