Magic wand not found!!

Options
2»

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    What's helped me is coming here and keeping tabs on people who've obviously met and kept their goals by adding them to my feed/friends list. Also: Listening to solid advice and not just what I want to hear/wish would work. I feel a responsibility not to cheat myself, and these jerks keep me accountable.

I used to go to my friends on facebook for this, but they're negative nutjobs who spout nothing but woo and broscience, love them as I may.

• derri78
    derri78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    See that is what I struggle with.. I'm a recovering addict so I still have the addict behaviour.. Its all or nothing for Me. Trying to find a healthy balance in my life is hard.. I've just quit one job as I was working all night, then half the day. 6 days a week. I quit as I want to focus on having a healthy lifestyle, work, private life...
    Its good to hear other peoples why of doing things... X
  • derri78
    derri78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a isolator, my friends start things, but never finish things. We start off swimming , then one by one they fizzle out.. This is why I thought I'd start using mfp.meet like minded people x
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    derri78 wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a isolator, my friends start things, but never finish things. We start off swimming , then one by one they fizzle out.. This is why I thought I'd start using mfp.meet like minded people x

I can relate to that. I keep trying to get my friends to join me in my new passion for training, but none of them are keen. There are a few who train at the same place as me, but none who have the same commitment to it. My Mom calls it obsession! While I am still going to encourage others to join me on this adventure, I am happy to have new friends at my gym who are as serious as me. I understand that others have different motivations and responsibilities (such as children or jobs that do not have the flexibility mine does). It has been the biggest encouragement in my journey to find other athletes who are training for specific goals, like I am. Even though we all participate in different sports, we understand each other in a unique way. They are my biggest support system when I am prepping for a big competition, even bigger than my family and my fencing coaches and club mates.