LOOKING TO LOSE 150 POUNDS

Options
I STARTED THIS JOURNEY JANUARY 1ST 2015 WEIGHING IN AT 325 POUNDS. SO FAR TO DATE IVE LOST 45LBS I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 100+ LBS TO LOSE. LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, I NEED HELP ON THIS JOURNEY.

Replies

• SarahTheLovely
    SarahTheLovely Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am on the same journey, I started at 326 May 1st and I have lost 28lbs so far. Last year I worked my way from 360 to 315 and then had a little bit of relapse, but this time I am determined to lose it all! Always looking for good support. We can do this!
  • mike1363
    mike1363 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    7 years ago I began to lose what turned into being 179 pounds. Over the corse of the last 4 years I have gained it all back. I am here to start again. I know what I have to do but support always helps!
  • misskitty2018
    misskitty2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you can count me in! I have lost 30 pounds in the past 4 years (I know , I know, it took forever) and have recently lost another 8 pounds. I can always use a motivational buddy and will do the same for you. please add me. thanks
  • moholley2009
    moholley2009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I STARTED THIS JOURNEY JANUARY 1ST 2015 WEIGHING IN AT 325 POUNDS. SO FAR TO DATE IVE LOST 45LBS I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 100+ LBS TO LOSE. LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, I NEED HELP ON THIS JOURNEY.

• moholley2009
    moholley2009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hello. At my heaviest I was 250. Now I'm 213. My goal is 170. Hell, I want to feel great in my clothes and not feel like I'm suffocating and puffy! You're doing a great job and that's awesome what you've lost so far!
  • kathy9083
    kathy9083 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to lost around 100 pounds, just started this journey as well. Sent you a friends request. :smile:
  • murphyslaw4049
    murphyslaw4049 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm at 320 and just getting started. I'm contemplating the gastric sleeve but want to start now on what i know i will have to do if i chose to make that type of commitment. I'll like to think i can do it on my own but i'm not sure if that's going to be a possibility.
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

In three years I've lost 150 pounds. I want to let you know it is possible, but the best possible advice I can give you is to forget about losing 150 pounds and focus on small mini goals. A number like that is just too overwhelming!! This is a long haul! Remember plateaus will happen and your biggest enemy is your own head. To lose that weight you have to realize this is a life change, not a diet. For me I found blogging (Here's mine!! https://foodtruce.wordpress.com/ ) really helped to think critically about the process.

Remember: Constantly educate yourself. Keep seeking answers. Be patient.

I'll make sure to friend you! Everyone else feel free to add me too!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stop yelling.
  • SarahTheLovely
    SarahTheLovely Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at 320 and just getting started. I'm contemplating the gastric sleeve but want to start now on what i know i will have to do if i chose to make that type of commitment. I'll like to think i can do it on my own but i'm not sure if that's going to be a possibility.

I hear ya, I've often thought about it myself, however my insurance requires me to still to have worked 2 more years before they will pay part of it, and I woke up one day and just thought I am going to try and get there myself in 2 years!

I live a fairly active life style and work out at least 3 times a week, and love to go hiking and swim on the weekends. I just need to get my diet under control. I have yoyoed my whole life. But I am ready to just follow the down trend!

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I started a little over 4 months ago, weighing in at 295 I am down to 251 still a long way to go, but getting there on step at a time, or should I say one calorie at a time. You can add me if you would like. I have an open dairy and I am a active member
  • CindyPotts0420
    CindyPotts0420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I began this journey at 329.5 pounds on 4/18/2015. I have lost 36 pounds so far and I am determined to get this weight off and to get healthy and fit. I am working out at the gym with a coach, riding my bike on the trails, eating healthy, and drinking tons of water. I am giving myself 10 pound goals. This 10 pounds has been especially hard for me. I am really pushing to get it off and since I started at the gym my weight has plateaued. I am sure it is a temporary thing and I soon will start back on my down ward slope on my weight loss journey. If anyone would like to add me please do so and we can motivate each other. I love motivating my family and friends to get up and get moving to get their weight off. I have several that have already joined me at the gym.
  • NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far... that's amazing!! I have about 95 lbs. more to go & would be glad to join you on the same boat! :)
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I need to lose approx 100lbs but keep falling off the wagon! Im much more motivated this time but need some support
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Stop yelling.

As someone who's lost 90lbs since his surgery in January and has another 50 to go I wish you the best of luck, but please, don't type in all caps - it is seen as yelling and it's rude / hard to read.
  • chucktaylor78
    chucktaylor78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in it with you. I started April 2015 at 468 lbs. I'm down to 410 now, with a ton to go.
  • ani091769
    ani091769 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this journey. You've made amazing progress!!! I just started this week and I have about 145lbs to lose. I've lost 40-50 off and on and gained it back. I'm determined to get it all off now. I just want to feel good and be a good role model for my daughter. Let's do this!!! :)
  • carlstokes8
    carlstokes8 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have 170 to go feel free to add me...
  • TomBristow
    TomBristow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started at 343 about 3 weeks ago, and am down 13 lbs.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I started at 299 lbs. 25 days ago and I'm down 19 lbs. so far. My ultimate goal is 185 lbs, so I still have 95 to go! Add me if you'd like :)