Scales???

Options
Hello all,

I am starting back with myfitnesspal to try and get my weight under control. I have gained a lot in the last few years and I am ready to do something about it! The only scale we have in the house is a very old spring scale. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for replacing it with a more accurate one? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I would like my weigh ins to be as accurate as I can make them. I'm not even sure if my starting weight is correct because of the scale.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Any digital scale should do the trick.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found a set on Amazon for £20. Digital, accurate to 1 gram, measures fl oz, ml, lb as well. They were made by Duronic. But you have to get ones that measure to increments of 1 to be super accurate.
  • meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is great! Thanks!
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amazon has them for 15-20 bucks.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cancel that, she's after a body weight scale.
  • meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I picked a digital one for £22 and it seems to have good reviews on amazon, so hopefully that works!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I picked a digital one for £22 and it seems to have good reviews on amazon, so hopefully that works!

Great! While a bathroom scale is necessary to measure one aspect of your progress don't rely solely on that number. Measure your body parts with a measuring tape and track that, too. There's a place for it where you record your weight.

Also, a kitchen scale is even more important than a body weight scale. Weighing as much of your food as possible will help to ensure that you're accurately logging your food intake.