How to keep working out

Options
I just finished doing a strict diet and lost about 17lbs, but I got comfortable and stopped working out. How do you start working out and make it a habit? (This has been the issue for me forever) any help I would appreciate

Replies

• hleighthree
    hleighthree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the reason that every time someone asks this question that people give the same answers is because it's really intuitive. You have to find a work out that you WANT to do. Something that makes you feel awesome, and you look forward to, if not in the WOW this is so fun while I'm doing it, then in the okay, I finished that and I feel good.

The other thing that worked for me personally was setting a number of days per week I had to work out, and then I would know that if I hadn't worked out, say, Monday or Tuesday, I would need to work out Wed, Thur, Fri, and Saturday to hit my goal of four days a week, and that would get me to doing the work outs even if I didn't particularly want to, or then if I wanted Friday off, I'd get up Monday to make it even out.

But like, I dunno, just read all the suggestions you can find and try them. What works for you is what works for only you! Good luck! ^^
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Nike LOGO

Just do it.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of "motivational" problems come from burning yourself out too early on. You get a sudden workout bug to tighten up your fitness and go hard all at once, have great results, resort back to normal, and then don't know how to get that kick again. But if you keep waiting for that awesome kick of inspiration/motivation you'll never find it.

Take it slow. Take a short walk. Don't plan a "workout" for every day. Don't call it a workout. Just take a walk and enjoy the scenery. That will usually give a little kick. You may not want to go home and workout but it helps gear you up for a workout the next day because your mind is feeling better about it. Workouts don't have to be something mind boggling. Just move your body.
  • raymondleung75
    raymondleung75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do it everyone it will eventually turn into a routine
  • CherieQ72
    CherieQ72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one that I can definitely relate too. I keep looking for that motivation and like an addict I look for my next fix of motivation. What I'm trying to do is focus on dedication and commitment instead. Like the quote says "Commitment Means Staying Loyal To What You Said You Were Going To Do Long After The Mood You Said It In Has Left You."
    good luck and keep trying, even when you stumble ;)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I suggest hitting up the mighty Google and YouTube and try out different workouts you find there. Make it a habit to try one each day (giving yourself a day or two to rest) until you find some that click.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I'm not really in the mood to work out I put on my workout clothes anyway, blast some favourite music and start dancing around the house. Once I've warmed up, doing the actual workout doesn't seem like such a stretch.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    You don't have to workout to keep weight off. You just have to make sure that you don't eat more than you burn. Now if you want to improve your health and fitness, then you'll just have to find an exercise regimen you'll stick to for life. For me, it's been weight training and kickboxing. 30+ years now and I'll do it till I can't anymore.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png