IIFYM

Options
I was wondering if anyone has been using weight going by IIFYM. I've just started about a week and a half ago and wanted to double check my numbers. Also - since MFP will take your exercise into account for calories, carbs, protein, etc....do you hit your numbers before exercise or after? You read so many different things that I want to make sure I'm following it properly.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I never really saw hitting my macros as a weight loss technique....for me it was more about health, fitness and getting in what I needed due to my exercise...

I lift heavy so eating my protein to prevent muscle loss was important.

I know that if you count macros and hit them you will hit a certain calorie left because protein/carbs have 4 calories per gram and fats have 9...I believe alcohol has 7 so that can throw it off...

I follow IIFYM or Flexible dieting but I was calories to ensure I am in a deficit and ensure I treat my macros (fat/proteins) as mins.

I hit my macros based on my calorie goal of 1500 a day...before exercise.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    yeah, like SezxyStef said. Set up your macro percentages based on your pre-exercise numbers. That way, if you don't exercise, you still hit your numbers. You just have to remember that exercise will give you more calories, hence more macro allotment, so you just know that your original protein and fat numbers are really what you are trying to hit, not the expanded numbers. You can use whatever you want for the fill calories once you hit the goal macros.

Example:
    Protein goal of 100g at 1500 calories
    Exercise gives you another 500 so your protein goal is now 133.
    You really just need to hit 100g, not 133.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!