Runners, Question

Options
Hey All! I have been running for years and very steadily three times per week for about six months. My pace is between 11-12 min miles, and I run 3-5 miles at a time. I over-pronate and have been fitted for shoes and stick with Brooks Adrenalines.
My question is this: do you ever get a pulling feeling in the arch of your foot? It isn't necessarily painful, just annoying and I worry that it will cause injury if I ignore it. Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Get thee to a doctor. Could be a lot of things and if it's serious it's best to know. For example, plantar fasciitis can cause an achey, bruising feeling in your arch and it is not to be messed with.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds like plantar fasciitis. But, I'm not a doctor, and am not offering medical advice.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I had that and did NOT have plantar fasciitis (according to the podiatrist) but something similar and needed orthotics. I lurve my orthotics sooooo much.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Even though you've been fitted, they still might not be the right shoes for you. How long have you had them?

I used to wear Asics-2000 series religiously, but they changed the model slightly and they never fit the same way.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have very high arches and when I run my arches start to collapse. This causes a "stretchy" feeling, which is the only way I can describe it. My orthopedic doctor recommended that I get OTC inserts (can buy at most running stores)that have arch support. They help tremendously, although I will admit that they took a few weeks to get used to.
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Even though you've been fitted, they still might not be the right shoes for you. How long have you had them?

I used to wear Asics-2000 series religiously, but they changed the model slightly and they never fit the same way.

I have had this particular pair for about 9 months. But, I have been wearing them for years, so I may need to be fitted again. Good call.

This pulling happens when I do spinning too. I think the suggestion of going to the doctor is good, because it could be any number of things mentioned, but I had never considered plantar fasciitis. I also have very high arches. It only happens in one foot, so I've been operating under the assumption I have a tight muscle somewhere, but obviously it is hard for me to tell.

Thanks, Everyone!

• UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the beginning of plantar faciitis. It can become dang near debilitating. I know because I suffered with it for about a year. Get to a podiatrist and get it checked out. Getting fitted for shoes might not be a bad idea either. Good luck!! B)