Do 20lbs make that much difference??

Options
Tiggerrick
Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
Last summer I bought the largest pants I had ever bought to date, 36inch waist. No belt needed, they stayed in place. I was also at my heaviest in my life at about 196 lbs. Towards the end of the year, I reached 199. In my mind, 200 was just NOT acceptable. Through high school OH SO MANY YEARS AGO, I weighed 176-178. I felt good, and thought looked good. Now that I'm in my early 40s, I am not shooting for the definition I had back then, but I am shooting for that weight again. I am almost there, I can feel it. My scale tells me I'm almost there, so it will be maintenance soon.

I know many of you here need to lose much more than my little 20 lbs, and I can only imagine how much harder it would be to have to loose that much. But I can tell you, those little 20 lbs make a difference. I am back down to my 32-33inch pants, though now I will have to add to my wardrobe as I am happily removing those 36's.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xnt0gb1z_8Y/TeAbwZiW_9I/AAAAAAAAGLI/6E-2G_tWi68/s640/Weight_loss_LG.jpg

Weight_loss_LG.jpg

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I know many of you here need to lose much more than my little 20 lbs, and I can only imagine how much harder it would be to have to loose that much.
    You know what? 20lb is a LOT.

People with far more weight to shift can eat far more and they find their weight drops far quicker. The last 10-20lb are the ones that are really tough to shift, so quit with the "modest" stuff - you've done brilliantly, well done! :bigsmile:
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I also have about 20 more lbs to go. It must make a difference because the 11 I have already lost has made a huge difference already! Congratulations on your weight loss so far!! And pretty soon, you will be in maintenance, so happy maintaining!

PS - Your pictures didn't post :(
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I lost over 70lbs and i am back to what i was when i was just out of high school!!! Feels great!! But keeping it off is just as hard...still have to eat healthy and workout everyday!!!!!:)
  • congresta77
    congresta77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job my friend!!!! You look great and 20 lbs is a lot!!! So kudos to you ;-P Keep up the awesome work!!!!!
  • kimphillips36
    kimphillips36 Posts: 125
    Options
    Great job losing 20 lbs!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You should go take a look at 20 lbs of meat and that'll make you feel better. :)

Congratulations! 20lbs is awesome. 17 for me = 2 pants sizes so it really does mean a lot :)
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    u r kidding! dont u know 20 is a good figure, my goal is to lose tht much, just joined today. congrats and keep it up, keep the scale down
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    20 is plenty to lose. I have about 23 more to lose myself and you know what they say - the last 20 is the hardest. You're doing awesome!
  • beccaschmitter
    Options
    rock on dude!! awesome job!
  • Inked2Love
    Inked2Love Posts: 48
    Options
    Heck yeah!! Thats awesome and your inspiring me to wanna get out and bike! I think once we move to TX in July..Hubby and I will get bikes and ride around all the parks in our new town! Cant wait
  • secogeni
    secogeni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that the 20ish pounds I've lost since this last fall has made a difference for me. It's not a ton, but it feels so good to have it off. I still have a ways to go until I get to my goal, but the little bit of confidence I've gained so far means just as much as fitting into smaller clothes. :)
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well done! 20lbs is what I have to loose too, it's not easy so be proud of yourself. Good luck with the next stage :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!