Chirothin

Options
I've been struggling with weight loss and over eating for years. My chiropractor wants me to start a program they will monitor me on called chirothin. He pretty much grantees it will work to help with hunger. I've never used a supplement for weight loss, anyone tried this or know much? Still undecided. Thanks

Replies

• Beautiful0110
    Beautiful0110 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    *guarantees
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you follow advice from a chiropractor? Lol.
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    Well I've been going to them for years and they've helped with aches, pains, sleeping...etc...so they are promoting this and stated it would help. I haven't said yes....just seeing if anyone knows anything about it or can provide helpful info. Thanks!
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well I've been going to them for years and they've helped with aches, pains, sleeping...etc...so they are promoting this and stated it would help. I haven't said yes....just seeing if anyone knows anything about it or can provide helpful info. Thanks!

No. It seems like a bogus thing. Just count your calories... what do you think MFP is here for?
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    Unfortunately I go over way too often and eat way too much. If it was that simple, I'd be skinny. I can count them fine with mfp, just have horrid cravings. Thanks though!
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Do you fully deprive yourself of things you like to eat? If so, that's probably where you're going wrong.

But, do whatever you want. I can't stop you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's an HCG diet except the HCG they use is not even up to the crappy standards that real doctors use hence why a chiro can get it for you. Anyone trying to get you to put this in your body is trying to hurt you for money.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

Yea, a good chiropractor can definitely help with aches and pains-but they are not qualified to help with diet. Generally supplements and medicines for losing weight are nonsense or have some scary side effects.

Even if his intentions are good-he doesn't really have the education to help with this. You pay a chiropractor-why not go pay a registered dietitian to help you with your diet and cravings
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    Do you fully deprive yourself of things you like to eat? If so, that's probably where you're going wrong.

But, do whatever you want. I can't stop you.

I started off doing that then found myself eating way more of the bad stuff. I'm trying to find a happy medium but having a hard time. My doctor wants to do some testing but I have to wait for my insurance to start. Until then I'm just logging but yet intake is out of control. I'm really trying.
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It's an HCG diet except the HCG they use is not even up to the crappy standards that real doctors use hence why a chiro can get it for you. Anyone trying to get you to put this in your body is trying to hurt you for money.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164

If it's hcf I don't want any part of it. That's not good I've heard? I will look at the link. Thank you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, the problem with any kind of "weight loss" pill is the same thing that makes it work: it artificially gets you to eat less. But when you stop taking it, you will go right back to eating too much and gain the weight back. Not to mention the safety issues, please read @sofaking6 link above.

The best thing you can do for yourself is read all the stickies in the different MFP forums and start logging accurately. Note in your log how you felt each day. Compare days you did well to days your cravings made you go over - What were the differences? Are there foods that consistently fill you up more? Are there foods you waste a lot of calories on and can replace with a lower cal option? Do you eat enough protein, fat, and veggies - they fill you up! This is how you learn how to eat so you can maintain a healthy weight for life.

And if you're weight is an immediate risk to your health, get a referral to a dietician. I'm sure your chiro means well, but they have little if any training in nutrition. Good luck!
  • Beautiful0110
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

Yea, a good chiropractor can definitely help with aches and pains-but they are not qualified to help with diet. Generally supplements and medicines for losing weight are nonsense or have some scary side effects.

Even if his intentions are good-he doesn't really have the education to help with this. You pay a chiropractor-why not go pay a registered dietitian to help you with your diet and cravings

I did not think of a dietician, good idea. I will look into it!

The chiropractors covered from a previous injury, so hopefully I can get someone soon to assist such as a dietician
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    The selling point of this product is that it will prevent your body from going into "starvation mode" once you go on a low calorie diet........ Save your time and money and just eat less and workout more
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What ever you decide to go with you need to have an exit plan. Eventually a diet will become boring and you will slip. Pills or potions should only be used for a certain length of time (and most have strict diets to follow). It all boils down to calories in vs calories out. You say you have a problem going over too often, so what is your daily goal? Maybe it is too low for you (especially if it is the "1200 calorie diet"). Bottom line is you need to find a plan that is sustainable for you to lose and then easy to transition into maintenance.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take dieting advice from a chiropractor.
    FTFY

• FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor gave me the best weight loss advice... under 100 net carbs a day- you lose, 100-150 net carbs a day - you maintain, and over 150 net carbs- you gain....I too was not losing at the time and when I went back and checked my journal vrs my gains, loses and plateaus I was eating the carb amounts listed above... so thanks to his advice I lost 50 lbs... now he didn't sell me any supplements.
    Just told me to watch my carbs and get a couple extra walks in and it worked for me! Not to mention he fixed the numbness in my arms and hands.
    I love my Chiropractor!
  • slaite1
    Options
    My chiropractor gave me the best weight loss advice... under 100 net carbs a day- you lose, 100-150 net carbs a day - you maintain, and over 150 net carbs- you gain....I too was not losing at the time and when I went back and checked my journal vrs my gains, loses and plateaus I was eating the carb amounts listed above... so thanks to his advice I lost 50 lbs... now he didn't sell me any supplements.
    Just told me to watch my carbs and get a couple extra walks in and it worked for me! Not to mention he fixed the numbness in my arms and hands.
    I love my Chiropractor!

This is pure BS. Honestly thought this was going to be a joke. You lose weight when you go low carb because you eat less overall. I lose consistently eating over 200 carbs a day.
  • slaite1
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I wouldn't take dieting advice from a chiropractor.
    FTFY

Agreed-I was being polite