I want to eat a whole loaf of homemade bread!

Options
ssingley13
ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
I won't do it....but I really want to!

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bread is the Devil.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Oh god homemade bread!!! Imagine the homer simpson donut sound, that's how I sound when I smell homemade bread.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just do it!
    b2a0df80-03cb-11e5-a8a1-6dc8d3245017_shia-labeouf-do-it.gif
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before I started eating healthier, I would bake all kinds of breads just about everyday. That was one of my downfalls... all those carbs! I'm almost dying here craving it lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I understand! have one or two slices then put away the rest in a container that hides it from view!
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bread is the Devil.

exactly
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I love homemade baked goods. They are my downfall. I just try to eat them in moderation. A few times I've had to skip a meal because I made a cake... totally worth it. I made cake my breakfast today, also worth it.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love fresh warm bread. when my daughters get old enough to eat it im going to make as much homemade as possible.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in an odd way - my housemate is non-celiac gluten sensitive. And at (roughly!) 125 calories a pop for a slice of bread, I've just made the choice to have really *good* bread occasionally when I go out. (The bread is one of my metrics for choosing a restaurant now!) I love bread. I love being fit and healthy more. That said, sometimes I just have the bread. It's an occasional one-off.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I love Italian bread so each week I buy a "mini" loaf..its such a tiny loaf and the slice sizes are very small. It keeps me happy...but honest
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your macros then go for it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I used to bake a loaf or two each week of homemade bread, but then I found out that the reason it made me all bloated after eating it wasn't just it's carby goodness. I have a wheat sensitivity. I only bake bread now like once a month... and even then I have to limit myself to a piece or two or its instant bloating for me.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    IIFYM ... nom nom nom.

I love me some fresh baked homemade bread.
    Bread is the Devil.

Food math for you ...

Angel food cake = angelic = good for you

angel food cake - sugar > angel food cake = better for you ( subtracting bad stuff )

angel food cake - sugar = flour, salt, water, milk, eggs

flour, salt, water, milk, eggs = bread >= good for you

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Whenever I find myself wanting to eat an obnoxiously large portion of something, I log as if I ate the whole thing, then I eat one piece (slice in this case) of it, chew it slowly, savor it as much as I can, then re-evaulate how much I want to eat the whole loaf/box/etc. Repeat as many times as I want. If (this has always been the case so far) I dont eat the whole thing, I re-adjust this food entry to the portion that I did eat. Then usually it's whee I didn't blow my goal out of the water after all!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My grandmother used to make homemade cinnamon bread with honey butter... So very good... usually on Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter morning it was the very best smell I can remember as a child.

I could gorge on that for a ridiculous amount of calories easily.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in an odd way - my housemate is non-celiac gluten sensitive. And at (roughly!) 125 calories a pop for a slice of bread, I've just made the choice to have really *good* bread occasionally when I go out. (The bread is one of my metrics for choosing a restaurant now!) I love bread. I love being fit and healthy more. That said, sometimes I just have the bread. It's an occasional one-off.
    In Soviet Russia people used to wait in line for 16 hours just for some bread. Imagine how good that bread must have been! They must have been going around to their friends like, "did you have the bread? Oh, try the bread!"
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My cousin and I learned to make bread from our grandmother before she passed on. I do the same every time I make it and it takes every once of willpower to not eat it in one setting.

This coupled with homemade apple butter or sorghum molasses and I'm 5 again.
  • zebacuff
    zebacuff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »

Food math for you ...

Angel food cake = angelic = good for you

angel food cake - sugar > angel food cake = better for you ( subtracting bad stuff )

angel food cake - sugar = flour, salt, water, milk, eggs

flour, salt, water, milk, eggs = bread >= good for you

Seems legit. I like that math!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Still warm and absolutely loaded with melting butter mmmmmmm