I want to eat a whole loaf of homemade bread!

Replies

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Whenever I find myself wanting to eat an obnoxiously large portion of something, I log as if I ate the whole thing, then I eat one piece (slice in this case) of it, chew it slowly, savor it as much as I can, then re-evaulate how much I want to eat the whole loaf/box/etc. Repeat as many times as I want. If (this has always been the case so far) I dont eat the whole thing, I re-adjust this food entry to the portion that I did eat. Then usually it's whee I didn't blow my goal out of the water after all!

I like this idea. That way when you're thinking of devouring a whole amount of something when you've logged it you'll see how many calories you are going to consume if you go ahead. Hopefully it'll be enough to shock you into moderating how much you do eat.

• ChrisM8971 wrote: »
    Still warm and absolutely loaded with melting butter mmmmmmm

*drools* :p
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Fresh out of the oven homemade bread with peanut butter. Heck yes!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Whenever I find myself wanting to eat an obnoxiously large portion of something, I log as if I ate the whole thing, then I eat one piece (slice in this case) of it, chew it slowly, savor it as much as I can, then re-evaulate how much I want to eat the whole loaf/box/etc. Repeat as many times as I want. If (this has always been the case so far) I dont eat the whole thing, I re-adjust this food entry to the portion that I did eat. Then usually it's whee I didn't blow my goal out of the water after all!

I like this idea. That way when you're thinking of devouring a whole amount of something when you've logged it you'll see how many calories you are going to consume if you go ahead. Hopefully it'll be enough to shock you into moderating how much you do eat.
    Yeah and it's also fun to log the whole thing and click "complete entry" and have it nonchalantly tell you "if every day was like today you'd be 6 lb heavier in 5 weeks! :innocent: " I know the 5 week prediction isn't the best thing in the world but it's fun for things like this.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    I've been craving bread lately too! Although I'd prefer a really good, warm cornbread ;)
  • fitfloridagirl
    fitfloridagirl Posts: 15 Member
    Bread is the Devil.

It totally is! It always makes me feel 'big' and bloated whenever I give in. I also hate that icky feeling I get in my stomach, when I fall asleep too soon after eating a slice (or three). Luckily I found an alternative with Ezekiel bread. I like the taste and don't feel like I've blown up, after eating it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I'll be baking some today... and I'll do the usual of giving half to my neighbors. They must love me for giving them bread, cake, cookies all the time. LOL!! It's a way to enjoy the yumminess, but not eating it all. :wink: I'm not about to give up what I enjoy the most: baking and enjoy the baked goods!! :yum:
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Bread is my weakness too. Especially warm Italian bread.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    ssingley13 wrote: »
    I won't do it....but I really want to!

My husband bakes a lot. Cookies and fresh bread. I resist snacking on it by having him slice it/pack it up and put it in the freezer. It lasts longer that way, is out of sight, and takes some effort for me to prepare. This is self defense for me.

For some reason, he and his family love frozen cookies, but I don't, so it's quite effective.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    It's a Tony Robbins story I believe, where when he was a kid and wanted to drink beer like his dad did (when obviously kids aren't supposed to drink), his mother made him drink a full 6-pack. Naturally he got sick, threw up everywhere, and to this day associates alcohol with sickness and DOES NOT DRINK. At all.

This could be applied to bread. Just saying.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Oh man, don't get me started on homemade bread! It's my absolute favorite thing to eat and my favorite smell in the kitchen! I make all our bread, english muffins, bagels, croissants, etc and it's the one thing I will always make room for in my daily calorie allowance! <3<3
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    When I make white bread, I could easily down a loaf in a day. That's why I don't make white bread! :)

It's so good,

...and now I'm thinking about ciabatta with garlic spread. OMG, bad thread! Bad!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    BDonjon wrote: »
    It's a Tony Robbins story I believe, where when he was a kid and wanted to drink beer like his dad did (when obviously kids aren't supposed to drink), his mother made him drink a full 6-pack. Naturally he got sick, threw up everywhere, and to this day associates alcohol with sickness and DOES NOT DRINK. At all.

This could be applied to bread. Just saying.

Maybe... I worked for Schlotzsky's for a few years baking all their breads and pizza crusts... I did get sick of sour dough.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2015
    54832aa142c0b_-_tumblr_mq7bz3jibt1r8ttpbo1_500.gif

liz-lemon-eating.gif
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    I once ate a whole ciabatta.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I have been on a gluten free restriction for over 4 years, so I very rarely eat bread anymore because the GF stuff all takes like crap and crumbles apart. I finally broke down last weekend and tried a recipe for gluten free bread in a bread machine. Ok, so it's good. And I put it into the recipe builder and found out why. It's 300 calories per slice. Yes, 300 calories per slice. I rechecked the ingredients and redid the math. Yep, it's correct. I guess that's the price you pay for good, gluten free bread...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I give you permission to eat it...provided you eat it warm and slather it in butter, so that it gets all melty and runs down your chin while you eat it.
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I understand! have one or two slices then put away the rest in a container that hides it from view!
    Does not compute!
  • cresyluna
    cresyluna Posts: 48 Member
    My grandmother passed on a recipe for soft rolls (that can also be made into bread) that is amazing, close to a challah bread with the eggs and butter and delightfully soft, I would probably eat the whole loaf or dozen rolls if I was left to my own devices. Subsequently, I only make it on rare occasion.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    cresyluna wrote: »
    My grandmother passed on a recipe for soft rolls (that can also be made into bread) that is amazing, close to a challah bread with the eggs and butter and delightfully soft, I would probably eat the whole loaf or dozen rolls if I was left to my own devices. Subsequently, I only make it on rare occasion.

Would they be brioche rolls??? Yum!