Control my cravings!

Options
i find that whenever I crave chocolate, dried cranberries helps! It literally makes my cravings go away! Kinda weird but yeah.

Replies

• tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have taken to having a stick of chewing gum with sugar cravings. Definitely not the same but helps.
    I have also found that after awhile I just lose the cravings.
  • chhanpaul
    chhanpaul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat wasabi coated nuts and drink lot of water. That helps :)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You should analyse what causes your chocolate cravings. I would say that eating chocolate in the first place is one of the causes of chocolate cravings. Since i quit sugar, the only time i crave food of any sort is when i have a mood issue, stress and that sort of thing.

Eat fruit is a good way to survive cravings as is eating other healthy food.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When I'm desperate for my favorite binge foods, I put on my tight jeans that I want to fit better and look in the mirror. The sight usually bolsters my self control. :D
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    You should analyse what causes your chocolate cravings. I would say that eating chocolate in the first place is one of the causes of chocolate cravings. Since i quit sugar, the only time i crave food of any sort is when i have a mood issue, stress and that sort of thing.

Eat fruit is a good way to survive cravings as is eating other healthy food.

I can relate to this. When I don't have any sweets throughout the week I generally don't crave them but once I have a treat meal and maybe some dessert...it's like the flood gates are open. I have a hard time turning it off the following days. I love trader joes dark chocolate espresso beans. Just a few does the trick for me or 1 dove dark chocolate.
  • kristinrenee6712
    kristinrenee6712 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my worst enemy lol! And soda! I have quit those cold turkey and it's going good so far because my fridge is loaded down with fruit and veggies and strawberries are helping my sweet tooth!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, there is no way cranberries would satisfy my chocolate craving!
  • kristinrenee6712
    kristinrenee6712 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hahaha idk it helped me last night tho! I was like... Wow! Dried cranberries are sweet as hell lol
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Surely dried cranberries have more sugar than chocolate? I'd stick to a few squares of chocolate myself.