My NSV today

Options
ferneyjayde
ferneyjayde Posts: 151 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So my grandma took me to some outlets today to buy some clothes. I was hesitant because I knew the kind of stores at the outlet and was sure I wouldn't fit any of them.

Well we got there and we started walking through stores. I found a pair of jeans shorts that I was in love with. It was at American Eagle, but I decided to look through the rack anyway.

The largest size they carried was a 10 and my heart dropped...I instantly gave up the idea of having these shorts. My grandma however insisted I go try them on since I've lost weight.

I went into the fitting room and mentally prepared myself for the shame of not being able to fit them. I put one leg in and then the other. I pulled them up. I paused, this was new.

With extreme caution I buttoned and zipped them up. Squeezing my eyes shut I turned to face the mirror and peeked out at my reflection. The shorts fit and they looked great!

I guess my brain is still catching up with my weight loss. I got so many cute clothes today from stores I thought I would never be able to shop at again! This is is really motivating me to keep doing what I am doing.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! NSV!!

I haven't been able to do that in...probably more years than you've been alive. I very much look forward to it. I'm waiting until I'm a solid size 10. Not far off. :)
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This made me smile! :) Congrats!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Self-perception. Kind of scary how "off" it can be, right? Reminds me of a few recent threads where people have said they don't see themselves any differently even though they've lost a great deal of weight. I hope they all read your story! Very helpful and encouraging.
  • ferneyjayde
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Congratulations! NSV!!

I haven't been able to do that in...probably more years than you've been alive. I very much look forward to it. I'm waiting until I'm a solid size 10. Not far off. :)

That's awesome! Keep it up! It is honestly one of the best things I have felt in the longest time.

• ferneyjayde
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!
    spatulamom wrote: »
    This made me smile! :) Congrats!

Thank you guys for the congrats :)
  • ferneyjayde
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Fabulous! Self-perception. Kind of scary how "off" it can be, right? Reminds me of a few recent threads where people have said they don't see themselves any differently even though they've lost a great deal of weight. I hope they all read your story! Very helpful and encouraging.

Ikr? I still see myself as a size 14 and if seeing this helps anyone else I will be very glad. Bes thing I can say is that even if you're brain hasn't caught up sometimes you just gotta take the plunge to kick it into gear.
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :smiley: congrats not only on your journey but also on having someone in your life such as your grandma!
    I really recommend shopping for a few items every mini goal reached (for me around 5 kgs~11lbs) and getting rid of too baggy items, as it helps getting your weight-loss in perspective :blush:
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Nothing really sinks it in like a smaller size! Now, go out and rock those shorts!!!!!!!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome!

Your post made me smile as I read it. I could feel your happiness

Yay You!!

• fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's the best feeling ever!!!

I totally understand and still do this...I navigate towards the Large sizes of everything...and then I try it on and realize I need to buy smaller sizes. I'll repeatedly check size charts because my brain is just not catching up to my body!!
  • ferneyjayde
    Options
    rnasm wrote: »
    :smiley: congrats not only on your journey but also on having someone in your life such as your grandma!
    I really recommend shopping for a few items every mini goal reached (for me around 5 kgs~11lbs) and getting rid of too baggy items, as it helps getting your weight-loss in perspective :blush:

I think I am going to start doing this because after trying on those shorts I am finally able to see a bit of what the scale has been telling me!

That is fantastic! Nothing really sinks it in like a smaller size! Now, go out and rock those shorts!!!!!!!!

Oh don't worry I will lol the first thing I did when I got home was put them on :)

That is really awesome!

Your post made me smile as I read it. I could feel your happiness

Yay You!!

Thank you!!
    fairy2b wrote: »
    Congrats!! That's the best feeling ever!!!

I totally understand and still do this...I navigate towards the Large sizes of everything...and then I try it on and realize I need to buy smaller sizes. I'll repeatedly check size charts because my brain is just not catching up to my body!!

I actually rechecked the tag afterwards because I could not believe they were a size 10! Its amazing how much our brains fall behind when changes like this happen, especially when they happy gradually.