Captain America!

Options
Hey everyone, new to the community and looking for some friends interested in fitness! My current journey: I am going to dress up as Captain America for my first Comic-Con event October 16-18 lol, and I'm trying to trim down a little but just can't seem to lose that stubborn little bit of fat around my mid-section. I am currently 195 liking to drop down to about 185. I lift weights 4 times a week with 12-15 minutes of HIIT cardio after each session and I do abs twice a week (superset 3 workouts of 20-25 reps each). My goal is to keeping as mush muscle mass as possible but lose mid-section fat. I am currently eating 2,500 calories a day, 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. Please let me hear your opinions! Thanks!

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    There's a solid base of users here that have a similar motivation - using cosplay to motivate bodybuilding.

Seems like you have a solid plan and plenty of time to reach your goal before the Con.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Nice! Seems like you have a good plan and plenty of time. If all else fails too, you could use the version of the costume with suspendors, belts, and a color variance to kind of hide some of that.

Like this one:

veo2rf9ysgqr.jpg
  • bushman707
    bushman707 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks for motivation and info! I'll for sure look into all that! I hope my plan works out lol have you guys been to a comic-com? @ManiacalLaugh @CSARdiver
  • bushman707
    edited July 2015
    Options
    t0m0yn7qemda.jpg
    This is the one I'm looking at right now
  • mose09
    mose09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started a Keto diet about 2 weeks ago and have seen some good results in my mid section. This is the second time I've done it and it worked great the first time as well. Could be something to consider.
  • bushman707
    Options
    @mose09 hmm i have heard of the Keto diet but never looked into it. But I will for sure check that out now, Thanks!

• mose09
    Options
    No worries. I definitely have a few recommendations if you go that way and this app makes it easy to track. Good luck.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think you'll totally rock it!
  • bushman707
    Options
    @mose09 I looked into it and the TKD version sounds perfect for my goals and fitness routine. Are you on the CDK or TDK?
  • bushman707
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am hoping so lol! Thanks for the motivation (: @EmmaFitzwilliam
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    That's a hell of a goal, man. Good for you.
  • mose09
    Options
    I'm just standard right now and I'm starting to transition to more TKD. I'm testing the waters on what works for me with working out. So sort of in the middle I guess. I aim for 65% fats, 25% protein, and 10% carbs but I don't go over 25 carbs a day regardless. Those are probably going to change over the next few weeks though as I change my regiment.
  • bushman707
    Options
    @shrinkingletters lol right on! It is a pretty big goal, I'm hitting the gym hard and dieting strict as hell I hope it pays off lol.
  • bushman707
    Options
    @mose09 ooh gotcha! Yeah the CDK is too low carb for my routines but the TDK looks good, let me know how it goes for you! Appreciate it.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! Anyone feel free to add me! I'm not a die hard fitness diet type person but I like to help motivate and keep myself in check on here. I have a goal to lose twenty lbs! I also enjoy a good laugh now and then and this is a good place to find it!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    bushman707 wrote: »
    Thanks for motivation and info! I'll for sure look into all that! I hope my plan works out lol have you guys been to a comic-com? @ManiacalLaugh @CSARdiver

I've been to San Diego several times, but long before the Marvel movies became good and the Con went crazy. I go to a few smaller cons and hit most in the Chicago area.

I have a few friends in the 501st and always considered doing some type of buff stormtrooper costume.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I've considered throwing down an Abigail Brand cosplay, but I'd need to find my Hank McCoy to come along with.
  • lamurano
    lamurano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's as good a goal as any! I used to go to comic con every year here in Pittsburgh.
  • bushman707
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @CSARdiver I heard the San Diego is crazy lol I would like to check that one out some time soon. I actually from Cali, but I got stationed out here when I was in the military, got out and am finishing college out here now. Are you military?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I've been to several but don't dress up. I'm only there to stalk Andrew Lincoln.