Is it impossible?

Options
I've also been trying to gain weight! I am roughly 5'4 and weight is a little over 7 stone

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No. It's not impossible to gain weight.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Definetly not impossible, I've done it. It can however be very hard.
    For some people adding extra calories to their diet is easy, for people who don't experience (enough) hunger or have other medical conditions it can be a very difficult and long process. Just don't give up!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    very possible hahah
  • sdahir
    sdahir Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is possible..since ive been logging my calories and eating above maintenance i am seeing the gains. I was in the 7 stone range too and now just hit 8 stone. Woohoo lol . Dont give up!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    it is possible..just eat over maintenance for a pro longed period of time..

what are your goals?
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    probably you don't want to. If you are on an unhealthy weight: talk about it with your dietitian.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    All I have to do is look at food and I gain weight.

Milkshakes. Ice cream. Cookies. BBQ ribs. Go to town!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All I have to do is look at food and I gain weight.

Milkshakes. Ice cream. Cookies. BBQ ribs. Go to town!

Me too pretty much haha I gain weight so fast I gained 22 lbs in 3 months
  • alwayssolomon
    alwayssolomon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you follow a keto diet, I have found it much easier to eat more calories compared to a typical diet high in any type of carbs. Been on the diet for 2 months and gained 10 pounds without raising my body fat percentage.
  • missyluvspink826
    missyluvspink826 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've also been trying to gain weight! I am roughly 5'4 and weight is a little over 7 stone
    If you follow a keto diet, I have found it much easier to eat more calories compared to a typical diet high in any type of carbs. Been on the diet for 2 months and gained 10 pounds without raising my body fat percentage.

Thank you, I will look into it. I'm eating so much but finding it hard to have so many calories whilst still eating healthy.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of healthy high calorie foods to eat. Just eat them. :)
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am living proof. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thank you, I will look into it. I'm eating so much but finding it hard to have so many calories whilst still eating healthy.

get over the "healthy food" aspect and you won't have problems. crumble 2-3 oreos on top of your ice cream for dessert and you fix that calorie surplus problem instantly.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    First off, calculate your TDEE, and eat +300 to +500 calories more to gain weight. You can only gain a certain amount of muscle, and excess gets turned into fat. Ideally you will be exercising so the majority goes to the muscles (and some WILL be fat but it's minimal).

Quick "healthy" high calorie foods:
    Olive Oil - 125 calories per tablespoon! Add that to your meals, or take shots of it even... 4 tablespoons = your caloric surplus of the day, all in healthy fats!
    Peanut Butter - Similarly to above, lots of healthy fats in NATURAL peanut butter (the regular ones are loaded with sugar so avoid them). Easy to add to many meals (blend in protein shake, have some sandwiches, or just eat it out of the tub!).
    Drink your calories - You can switch to whole fat milk, make some shakes and add the above into it. Easy between meals and a great pre/post work out snack.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Deep fry everything. Drink the oil you fried it in.