Get fit playing video games? You betcha! (New bikini!)

LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Other than running, my main form of exercise is EA Active Sports 2. A video game. Granted, it's not fun. You know you're working out while 'playing' this game. It's essentially the same sort of stuff you'd do in any workout dvd, except since you're hooked up with sensors and a HRM, you can't cheat. If your form isn't right, it'll correct you. And sometimes even if your form IS right, it'll correct you. Which causes me to spew a stream of profanities that would make a sailor blush. ("Don't tell me I have to 'work harder to keep up with me' when I'm AHEAD of you, you sadistic ****!!!" Insert any, and I mean ANY, four-letter word of choice there. It won't be too harsh.)

But I can't complain about the results. Yesterday, for probably the first time in my life, I bought a bikini at the start of summer, rather than waiting for stuff to go on clearance. Granted, it was at Kohls, so it was already half price, plus a 15% off coupon, plus I got an extra $10 Kohls Cash since got a couple pairs of shorts, too, and my total purchase was over $50. But still, for the first time ever, I feel good enough about my body to say, "I am WORTH it! I am worth picking out what want while there's still plenty of good selections available, not settling for what's left after everyone else picked over the good stuff." As someone with chronic thriftiness, that is a big deal.

This is me last summer. At the time, I was pretty happy with how I looked. Until I saw the picture. But even then, I thought, "Self you're 38 years old. You're not going to have the body of a 20 something."

IMG_8939.jpg

And I wasn't. Not when I wasn't really doing anything to change it. Eating what I want. Main form of exercise was walking the dog.

Now, I still eat what I want, for the most part, but I exercise my *kitten* off. Case in point, a photo of me yesterday after a 4.5 mile run in the sun, heat and humidity.

IMG_0526.jpg

And THEN, I fired up with PS3 and did a 40 minute EA Sports Active workout. With (*whimpering*) 4 sets of Mountain Climbers. Gah, I hate those things!

But the results? Sooooo worth it. Soooo worth being less than 2 weeks away from turning 39, and buying a "medium" bikini from the Juniors department. Still have a little way to go. Wouldn't object to losing a few more pounds, and tightening up the abs a bit more. But I don't think anyone will cringe at the sight of me.

IMG_0532.jpg

Best of all? It's reversible! So it's like getting 2 bikinis!

IMG_0534.jpg

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    OMG!!!!! U LOOK FREAKN AMAZING!!!!!! really well done *hugs* xxxx
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Wow! You look amazing!! Such an inspiration!! How did you get to running so long, whats your trick?
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Dang girl you are hot hot hot!! Congrats your hard work has paid off!! You look great!
  • patty9013
    Dang girl you are hot hot hot!! Congrats your hard work has paid off!! You look great!
  • patty9013
    Ugh why did it post twice?? sorry :flowerforyou:
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    You look great. Well done. I use EA Sports Active 2 as well, and my language can leave a lot to be desired too! You know you're getting a good workout when you feel the need to swear at the TV!

And if that stupid trainer tells me to give 110% one more time...? I'm going to enroll him in a maths class!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    great job!
  • Definitely not cringing here. You look AWESOME!!! And I love that cute little bikini!
  • Nic0522
    Nic0522 Posts: 38
    congratulations, you look great! how long did it take & how many times a week do you do it?
  • SamMommy
    SamMommy Posts: 29
    You look great! I use my Wii Active, and my language is horrible when the sensor doesn't pick up my moves! It's so reaassuring to see that it works! Rock on!!:flowerforyou:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Looking great... meoww!! ....& yay for losing weight while playing video games:smile:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Great progress, you look so hot now! Perfection! Please say hi to Trevor:)
    Im so proud that Im your friend!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    You look like me after a run :) happy and sweaty!

I love your bikini, two in one! You look fantastic and it shows in your smile as well as everywhere else!!!

PS- I hate mountain climbers, too!!
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    holy $*%#! you look great!!! such an inspiration for real!!! I actually started running more after seeing all the positive results you have been getting! gonna go look for some new "RUNNING" shoes today! I am so excited!!!

*edit*
    our maneki neko tattoos are in the same spot! lol
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    You look amazing. I was wondering if all the video game workouts were worth it. Now I may have to squeeze in onto boyfriends XBOX :)
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    U look amazing Hun! Wow! Keep up the hard work <3
  • You look amazing!! I love love love the bikini!! =)
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    You look amazing!!! I'm so glad you finally treated yourself. You totally deserve it with all that hard work! ;o)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    It was worth posting twice, that's why! Awesome job girl! You must feel so good in your new body!!!!!!!!!
  • FABULOUS results!!! WOW you look totally amazing!! I love that bikini! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!