25/ gay male looking for friends!

Options
BuglesBoy
BuglesBoy Posts: 16 Member
Feel free to add me! Just created this account tonight and start my journey tomorrow! Looking for friends to chat with, share stories, and help motivate one another! <3:)

Replies

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a gay female. Married for almost 15 years and even though my wife could care less that I'm fat, I care. I started approx 40 days ago and have lost almost 8 lbs. Where are you in your journey?
  • BuglesBoy
    Options
    Wow 15 years! That's amazing! Hope to find my true love soon! My names joey I just currently started this journey! I created this account yesterday on my 25th birthday and started day one today! It was a great first day and I have a long way to go... Congrats on loosing 8 pounds! Still trying to figure out how you do the weigh ins? When you weigh yourself in the morning u set whatever weight you are at that day? Hope to hear back from you and thanks for taking the time to respond :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about weighing yourself. If you weigh yourself every day you will drive yourself crazy. Weight fluctuates a bit daily due to diet, hormones, exercise, etc. When you do weigh yourself, do it in the morning, after going to the bathroom and before you eat, so you are consistent.
    Since you are starting out, read the first post of this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    I have a gay son who is 23 and married. I couldn't be prouder of him.
    Congrats on starting your journey here on MFP!
  • latanyamckenzie
    latanyamckenzie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not gay but I'll be your friend. We all have this weight thing going we can help each other.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    BooMonkeyButt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR Joey. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'm more than happy to help!
  • Eri0515
    Options
    The way that I do the weigh in is either once or twice a week, in the morning after using the restroom, before I eat or drink anything and completely naked. It's strange but your pj's can really add a lot of weight, a pound or two. You also want your system to be as empty as possible because then you know it's actually your body you are weighing and not clothes or any waste that is in your body. Then chart what your weight is that day.
    This morning I woke up early and weighed myself, I didn't like the number but I went back to bed and then when I got up a couple hours later I went to the bathroom again and re-weighed myself. I liked that number much better, for a total of 9 lbs lost! Yeah, seems like a dirty trick but it works.
  • Eri0515
    Options
    Btw, happy birthday and thanks for accepting me as a friend.
  • bebhinn40
    bebhinn40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi 41 yr old gay female. Just started also
  • DragonStar2015
    DragonStar2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, anyone feel free to add me
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40, not gay person here. Hi! I'm an Aussie living in Switzerland. I lost 110lbs a couple of years ago but thought I had it beat and went back to my old ways. So, here I am again, with 130 shiny, new pounds to lose :)

So back to calorie counting and the treadmill for me. As for weighing in, I just picked a day and time of the week I was going to do it and religiously do it at the same time each week. That way it doesn't matter is you have clothes on, if you've eaten in the day etc. After the first week your conditions should be approximately the same. I pick Monday morning because that helps give me focus over the weekend and makes sure I don't eat the wrong things.

Goodluck with it!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome - congrats on deciding to live a healthier life for you. :) I can be a very motivating friend, feel free to add me.
  • Eri0515
    Options
    @BuglesBoy how much are you trying to lose? 'Fraid to say it but you don't seem to be carrying any weight in your face.
  • BuglesBoy
    Options
    I take good photos lol I'm honestly trying to loose 50 pounds.... But a total of 70 pounds... I carry my weight well but I have a long way to go
  • Eri0515
    Options
    I do wish you well on your journey, we all need a little boost now and then. You really seem to be on the right path so far!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    How come you only want gay friends?
  • Eri0515
    Options
    He never said he only wanted gay friends. Some of us just happen to be.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm not gay but I'll friend you! I'm a Christian so I hope you won't mind reading all my posts :)
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Also not gay but we are all in this together with the same goals in mind!
  • rperkins524
    rperkins524 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    25 Pansexual female here!! Single but really looking for friends!!!
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    41 year old lesbian Texan. Just got started back on here yesterday. Anyone feel free to add me. I want to lose 100 lbs so I can start doing some of these things on my bucket list. :) Open to any and all.