DIGITAL OR NON-DIGITAL SCALES. For People, not food! Opinions, please.

Options
2»

Replies

• velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a BalanceFrom scale from Amazon. It's the silver one with the back light. It weighs within 1 pond of my doctor's scale and I highly recommended it. I strongly prefer a digital kitchen, too.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Now that I'm on my desktop computer I can link to the scale I have. I specifically chose it because it does not show the last weight weighed. They make other ones that do show the last weight, in case you wanted that feature.
    amazon.com/dp/B00IVPHAJA
  • itmeansflower
    itmeansflower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm on my desktop computer I can link to the scale I have. I specifically chose it because it does not show the last weight weighed. They make other ones that do show the last weight, in case you wanted that feature.
    amazon.com/dp/B00IVPHAJA

Thanks for the info, Velvet! ~ And thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Appreciate it! :smile:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I use a dial scale. It's about 2 pounds more than the Wii (which everyone says is accurate). I plan to hit goal within 2 months and am not really bothered with the difference because I'm going to recomp.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    amazon.com/dp/B00IVPHAJA

I have one of theirs that shows the last weight, and it's very accurate. It matched my doctor's office. I love it.

It's this model:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FX0S4DC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have a digital bodyweight scale. I think it is weight watchers. I have had it for many years and it still works well. I don't think I have ever replaced the battery. It doesn't do anything fancy like show previous weight or sync to anything. I like that it is easy to read and doesn't take up much space. I actually keep it in my dining area and slide it under or behind a piece of furniture when it is not is use.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Amazon no longer carries the one I have. I used to have a talking scale, which was kind of fun. Once in a while I would hear a voice from the kitchen announce "your weight is 13.5 pounds". I knew then that one of the cats was standing on it.
  • DebsPoore
    DebsPoore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been very frustrated with my self and my scales. I've been here on MFP for the second time, after a year with weight watchers. I have the digital WW scales that is supposed to weigh up to 400 lbs. When I started, I weighed close to 350 lbs. About 3 weeks ago, I finally got below 300. I log my food daily. At my weight, my calorie level is around 1900. The problem is that I seem stuck. I will get on my scales and it will show I've lost (or gained) an ounce. And if I step down and weigh again, it will give me a different number all together. I am diabetic and I have to inject insulin before each meal. I have been able to reduce the amount, but like today before supper, it was 43, which is a very low number. I was shaking and of course had to drink OJ to bring it up. I also have to control sodium intake, so I make most of my own food and do not depend on processed foods. I just don't understand why I can't lose, even when I consistently come in under my allowed calories.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DebsPoore wrote: »
    When I started, I weighed close to 350 lbs. About 3 weeks ago, I finally got below 300. I log my food daily. At my weight, my calorie level is around 1900. The problem is that I seem stuck. I will get on my scales and it will show I've lost (or gained) an ounce. And if I step down and weigh again, it will give me a different number all together.

There are many reasons to enter your weight in a "trendline" generating web site or app such as www.weightgrapher.com, www.trendweight.com, happy scale, and others.

It allows you to weight daily, yet at the same time it eliminates the agony associated with changes in water weight.

It also lets you look at your overall weight trend and understand that when you've lost 50lbs the scale really IS moving, even if it doesn't look like it has moved much in the past three weeks!

Congrats on the weight loss so far. Keep doing exactly what you were doing during the first 50lbs you lost!

PS: most scales that don't exhibit fake consistency will do exactly what your's has been doing. You should, of course, check the batteries. You should also make sure that you are using an absolutely level piece of very hard floor (not carpet or soft lino). A valid option when the normal flooring is not suitable is to place the scale on a large floor tile specifically bought for that use.

• itmeansflower
    itmeansflower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Amazon no longer carries the one I have. I used to have a talking scale, which was kind of fun. Once in a while I would hear a voice from the kitchen announce "your weight is 13.5 pounds". I knew then that one of the cats was standing on it.

I love that! Thanks for the laugh! :smiley: