What is your favorite protein bar?

Options
My personal favorites are thinkthin creamy peanut butter and quest white chocolate raspberry....

What's yours?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    quest cccd
  • R2Detoo
    R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Quest Cookies & Cream are the best! And the only Quest bars I can stomach (I love that they've got no sugar but their chalky taste is such a turnoff).

And I really like Balance & Cliff bars if I plan on doing a lot of endurance activity that day, but they're essentially candy bars.
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Is this another product placement thread for quest? If not, sorry, but its getting out of control.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've had exactly two. Can't remember what the first was called, but think it was two guys' names (maybe.). It was not good and I threw it out.

The second was the Quest white chocolate & raspberry. I just had to try what everyone was talking about. Not as good as eating actual raspberries drizzled with white chocolate, but not as terrible as the other one. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was good, but it wasn't bad. It's edible. I sure as heck wouldn't pay $2.50 for it again and am not sure what all the fuss is about.

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Questbars. 20g of protein and 20g of fiber make me full and happy. And the double chocolate chunk is a great chocolate fix when I need it. I don't get the chalky taste. Maybe I'm just not that picky? I've only tried the chocolate though, I don't know how good the other flavors are.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    nature valley oats & dark chocolate. so gooddddd and so cheap!! :wink:
  • karyabc
    Options
    i agree i wish the title was, your favorite protein bar besides QUEST -___- so maybe some O/will give it a shot at something different
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. Double chocolate chunk, and cookies n cream microwaved for 10 seconds :+1:
  • arditarose
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

210 calories for 10 grams of protein? Ay.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

The nature valley protein bars are 190 calories and excellent macros for about 1/4 the price of specialty protein bars. I'm a big fan.
  • arditarose
    Options

The nature valley protein bars are 190 calories and excellent macros for about 1/4 the price of specialty protein bars. I'm a big fan.

But still only 10 grams of protein in the bar as well?
  • karyabc
    Options

yep you are right 190 cals for 10 g of protein + they are incredibly cheap for those who live on a budget, big fan here too O// plus i don't use it as a meal replacement , only as a snack so usually i only eat like half and share the other half with my brother. it works for me ;)
  • karyabc
    Options

10 grams of protein, i paid $3.69 for a box of 5, it's good deal for some
  • arditarose
    Options

Ah, I'm on a budget as well but that just doesn't cut it for me. Glad you found something you like though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Are the Nature Valley protein bars as good as the Nature Valley Crunchy granola bars? Because those granola bars are so good and very filling and I adore them.

I tried the Nature Vallley protein cereal and threw it out, though. It wasn't good. Not like those amazing crunchy granola bars.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Costco: about $10 for a box of 36.
    Re the macros, if you want pure protein, they're not for you. If you are looking for something to fuel a workout after a long day of work and without dinner, they're great.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Combat white chocolate raspberry and Luna Lemon Vanilla. My husband found a Gatorade one he likes, but it has gluten so I can't even try it to give my own opinion.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Quest - either cookies and cream or chocolate chip cookie dough.
  • karyabc
    Options

Costco: about $10 for a box of 36.
    Re the macros, if you want pure protein, they're not for you. If you are looking for something to fuel a workout after a long day of work and without dinner, they're great.

hey thanks a lot for the data! haven't go to cotsco ever, so will try it soon. like i said they're not the greatest source of protein in the world but i just grab them in mid afternoon and they keep me full until i get home for dinner, for my protein i go with meat, yogurt, tuna, etc.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I use Clif Builder Bars - 20g protein, 270 calories. I don't exist on them but pack them in my bag and will have one after a long run (> 90-120 minutes) and/or take one with me for emergency use if I'm running deep into the mountains. I like that they have reasonably high protein, don't much care about the particulars beyond that as I don't use them as food unless truly pressed for time.