54 yr old female newbie looking for buddy

Options
lskrd
lskrd Posts: 8 Member
hi I'm 54 and starting over...again. Ugh! I just read an article that said you loose more with a buddy vs without. I agree! It's really hard to loose weight the older I get, but, I'm determined to loose my 30!

Replies

• raricko
    raricko Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! i'm 56 and have been at this for a few months now. I'd be happy to offer encouragement and motivation for the same in return.
  • lilsandling
    lilsandling Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 54 as well and would love a buddy too
  • lskrd
    Options
    Oh great! I didn't think I'd get a reply so quickly! I'm excited about giving it a go again. I'm in Michigan. Where are you? How is it going so far?
  • lskrd
    Options
    raricko wrote: »
    Hi! i'm 56 and have been at this for a few months now. I'd be happy to offer encouragement and motivation for the same in return.

Great! Need all the help I can get. How's it going for you so far?
  • lskrd
    Options

Oh great, thank you. I didn't think I'd a reply so quickly. How's it going for you?
  • lilsandling
    Options
    lskrd wrote: »

Oh great, thank you. I didn't think I'd a reply so quickly. How's it going for you?

Going good to start the 7 minute workout tomarrow. In 2 months with just cutting calories only lost 3 pounds.. menopause sucks!
  • lilsandling
    Options
    Forget the v word good smartphone too smart for Mr sometimes
  • Fantasypugs
    Fantasypugs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and live in Wa. I just started dieting about 10 weeks ago and have lost 22 pounds. Definitely starting with getting some weight off helps to motivate you to exercise a bit more I have found then the weight drops off a bit quicker. Baby steps.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 55 the end of this month, female with thyroid issues. It's impossible for me to lose weight no matter how hard I try but that doesn't stop me although it can be frustrating at times. I would be great to support each other. Add Me
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. That's what my sons tell me. :)

You can add me, lskrd. I'm 65, 10 weeks in this time and have lost 21 pounds. (MFP won't give me full credit, heehee, started counting from my last weigh-in two/three years ago. ) Kinda slow going but proof that even menopausal women can do it. ;)

I don't exercise but want to start. I just cannot find the motivation. I have about 50 pounds more to lose.
  • johnsbeachbabe14
    johnsbeachbabe14 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    54 yrs. old here too! Just got back 2 days ago from a 3 week vacay to Europe - now instead of needing to lose 30 lbs., I need to lose 35, lol! I need all the help I can get :) Starting my clean eating food plan TODAY!
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Feel free to add me. I am 52, and yes, menopause DOES suck, too bad hot flashes don't actually burn calories! I'd be able to eat all the ice cream I want. BUT, you can lose weight, it's just a lot harder and takes a lot longer.

I have been on MFP for a few years, and it really does work if you stick with it. Throughout all the fad diet crazes out there, nobody can argue with the basic four word plan: Eat less move more. Of course, there is more to it than that, but for me it's always come back to this one phrase.

Lately my phrase is a question that I present to all my food choices (when I remember)- are you fuel for my fitness or fuel for my fatness? USUALLY I can put down a bad choice if I just pause long enough to think about it. Not always.

Happy Monday! Welcome to MFP.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as long as you are mutually supportive!
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add - Have been at this a while. If I can do this anyone can.
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am 55 and just started a 30 day ab challenge with my daughter. I did 6 out of 7 days, skipping the 4th of July. I am now on day 8. I am so far kicking her butt :), but need to get the eating in order. She only weighs 103 lbs, however. You can add me. Tomorrow I want to start tracking my food again.
  • bsamarco
    bsamarco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    raricko wrote: »
    lskrd wrote: »
    hi I'm 54 and starting over...again. Ugh! I just read an article that said you loose more with a buddy vs without. I agree! It's really hard to loose weight the older I get, but, I'm determined to loose my 30!

• bsamarco
    bsamarco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 54, disabled & menopausal :( I've been working at this for awhile but am happy to have found MFP. I have come to realize this is a journey & to be kind to myself. I also think cutting out sugars & eating real fresh food helps. Menopause has definitely changed my metabolisim. Exercise should never hurt. Staying at the low end of heart rate brings better results. Hope we can all be friends <3:)
  • Dukystarr
    Dukystarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 52 and trying this again too. Been at it for a week and it's going well. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • maggie114
    maggie114 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54 , starting again and looking for
    weight loss buddies. Started Keto 8 wks ago and have lost 32 lbs! For the first time that I can remember, I am not hungry.....
  • gizmosmom02
    gizmosmom02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am 50 and need to lose 50!
    maggie114, can you explain Keto to me? I'll google it as well, but I like to have a real testimonial! Is it like Atkins?