How do you reward yourself?

Options
Hi everyone! I want to know how everyone rewards themselves when they reach a milestone.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why would I need to do that? I'm a grown up. I just keep my eye on the fact that I want to be around for a very long time and healthy enough to enjoy it. I know quite a few people who buy themselves stuff, but very few whose self-gifts make a difference in their progress.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a grown up too but I enjoy rewards :). I have been trying to choose rewards that would continue to motivate me. I just bought myself a Fitbit after reaching 30 days of logging everything and starting to lose some weight. Other rewards I have in mind are a massage and some new workout clothes. When I get to my goal weight I will definitely reward myself with some new, smaller, clothes!
  • adriaticsea
    adriaticsea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by investing into hobbies that help me reach milestones. I'm trying to count my milestones in activities rather than reaching weight loss goals. So finishing a tough bike race felt like an achievment/milestone and was a reward in itself. The added bonus is buying myself cycling gloves and a bike rack.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just reward myself all the time because there is no end in sight as far as my physique/fitness goals go. Clothes, mani/pedi, a nice dinner.
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My rewards are often food based, I try to at least once a week save enough calories to have a bowl of my favorite ice cream. As for long term, probably just new clothes or one day where I don't pay attention to calories and eat what I want when I want (I haven't reached something that I consider a milestone yet though so hard to say what I'll do)
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I lose 15 pounds I'm going to buy myself one of those newer polar HR monitor watches. I been wanting one for a while but they're a tad bit expensive but I will make it a gift to myself for reaching a small milestone! Losing any amount of weight is hard so why not reward yourself for all your hard wrk
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Six months ago I started planning a plane trip to see one of my brothers at the end of June. It was a wonderful trip. :star:
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have often thought of rewarding myself but have yet to do so. I think when I hit my -30lb(9 more to go!) maybe I'll eat something cheaty(lol) or buy something neat like some more fitness stuff or maybe some clothes... Though I am reluctant about the clothes because I still have a ways to go lol. This is a great thread by the way, would love to see more of how people celebrate their milestones :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have a few rewards for myself once I hit different goals: new tattoo, weight set, new running shoes and 1-2 years away a boob lift, LOL.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like to buy new workout clothes, too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself. Rewards are not a motivator for me. I feel happy when I reach milestones, but I don't need stuff in order to congratulate myself.

And if I do need stuff (like the hiking shoes I bought a couple weeks ago), I just go get them.
  • haileycram
    haileycram Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Food wise: graham crackers at the end of the day or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich!
    Also, if I have a really awesome work out that I feel great about, I'll give myself 100 extra calories for the day!
    Rewards, I decided that I would only buy myself a new sports bra, pair of shoes, or iTunes running playlist if I exercise 3 times a week, 3 weeks in a row. Set goals that are within your reach, but you have to work towards! :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I don't, never have. Didn't think it was necessary. I'm -64 and would have spent too much money on clothing I would have shrunk out of by now.

I eat junk food if I have the calories and the desire. I buy things when it's absolutely crucial. I work out because I love it, not because there's a carrot in it for me.
  • Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really call it a reward, but more along the lines of "serious motivation". When I lost 10 lbs and could really see the difference, I went out and got myself a motivation dress to hang in the closet. It's figure hugging and super sexy. I try it on once a week to see the differences. It works for me. I don't want to let my dress down. Haha
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    For me it's mostly fitness equipment. Big stuff like flying a plane and laser hair removal at big milestones.
  • MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I bought a good pair of running shoes because mine weren't that good. It was more as an investment than a reward I suppose.. ☺
  • crubio360
    crubio360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love getting new cute workout clothes or shoes. It keeps fitness fresh and exciting. Plus, if you are losing weight, you will need new clothes anyways! I also love going to a new fitness class with a friend. Picnics and long walks/ chats with friends are also a blast.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Clothes that fit and make me feel good every 5 lbs. I never buy clothes or go shopping bc I'm on a pretty strict budget so this is an awesome reward!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes, fitness gear and gadgets, some delicious food at a fancy place that I generally don't go to, and road trips. I love to travel! The money I save by cooking instead of eating out goes towards camping trips or hotel stays in a city that I haven't explored before. Also, I reward myself by signing up for new races with cool t-shirts and bling!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I get new fitness gear.