Juicing/FSND/Reboot with Joe

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LucyFordxo wrote: »
    I'm about to start a ten day juice reboot on Monday, and have been slowly transitioning to it this week.
    Feel free to add me! Going on a juice journey !!!!
    If you have the means to do smoothies versus juices, do.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about getting enough fibre while juicing, or you are finding yourself too hungry through the day, you can prepare a hybrid - juice some ingredients and then use a blender to fine chop something like celery to add some fibre.
    - as for putting all the weight back on once you end your juice feast is dependant upon whether you go back to eating above your calorific needs or not.
    - and yes, it is something you can do long term as one more tool in the toolbox to help maintain a healthy weight and also to increase nutrient intake while not having to chow down masses of fibre and feeling bloated.
    - try it for three days and give your digestive system a rest.
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great responses! I will definitely look into the smoothie-ing idea for breakfast...and will go from there.
  • Delked
    Delked Posts: 14
    Options
    I am juicing and doing smoothies. I am finally starting to lose weight again. I find, for me, sticking to a plant based diet really works. If I eat a normal diet of animal and plant I tend not to lose weight and I feel ill and sluggish all the time. I believe that juicing and even adding a salad and smoothie is fine keep an eye on the nutrition factor and adjust from there. Plants give protien and if you are concerned about the fiber from juicing look up some vegan recipes that you might use the fiber left over from the juicing.
    TXChelleD wrote: »
    I am looking for anyone that may have had success (and kept it off!) while juicing. Whether you are juicing (or smoothie-ing) part-time or juice fasting long term. I do notice that when I juice in the mornings, my thoughts seem alot clearer and I feel better. I have never juiced full-time but have done alot of research and have seen the good, bad and ugly. Thoughts?

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit, that's what you need.

Any loss from a juice cleanse will more than likely come right back once you reintroduce your regular eating habits.

Adding juice to your diet ongoing and as a quicker way to get all that in? No problem.

Yup. I like to juice as a way to have vitamin-rich beverages alongside my meals. I only juice veggies, so the calorie count is fairly negligible.
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Thanks!
  • DonnieceF
    DonnieceF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can grow your own wheatgrass at home. Great energy boost and for those that are sick it's good to get the immunity back. Very little calories and full of protein. 5 ml per day and you can juice it in the evening also. http://thechalkboardmag.com/50-reasons-to-drink-wheatgrass-everyday
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Cool!
  • JamieKelli
    JamieKelli Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got a Nutribullet for Christmas, and I use it everyday. I start with a handful of spinach, add in 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 2 T. flax and chia blend, 1 T. agave nectar, and 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond coconut milk. It is delicious, and keeps me full until lunch!
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did a 7 day juice fast last New Years just to see if I could - I could. ( I lost 7lbs) I have maintained my weight now for a while but saying that my weight was 245lbs. I did not enjoy it and I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. We have a good blender now and I often make fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies for my wife and kids for breakfast in the mornings. I don't usually drink them because there is too much sugar in them with the frozen fruit for my blood sugars liking. They are delicious. Freeze the fruit or some of it. You can't really even taste the vegetables. We add things like chia seeds, probiotics, peanut butter or powdered peanut butter sometimes too.
  • mcmcgreevy
    mcmcgreevy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did the Reboot with Joe thing after a marathon weekend of food documentaries on Netflix. I can't say we really saw any kind of amazing benefits from it, to be completely honest. We did the Vegan thing right after that as well, with pretty much the same results. I was actually disappointed that we didn't really feel any different doing either, but I think most of that boiled down to the fact that our diets weren't really all that horrible to begin with. I will say that for both of us our skin looked a heck of a lot better. We also got an appreciation for Kale out of that experience and it shows up more regularly in our diets now.

If you go for it, I'll reinforce what I'm sure you've heard from many sources. The first few days are the worst. Once you get past that it's really not that bad. One thing we found that really got to us was the lack of "hot" food. There just came a point when we wanted something warm in our bellies. To get around this my wife made a vegetable broth out of the pulp from all of the vegetables we juiced. It was really tasty, and helped to get past that mental block that we were dealing with.

I can't say I'd ever be excited to do it again, but I don't regret the experience and we got a really nice juicer out of it.
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Thank u for the feedback. Nice to hear from some folks that have ' been there done that.' :)
  • healthiermeep
    Options
    Just eat food juice fast suck trust me and are pointless any "detox" is. You have a liver for that.
  • kegglemax
    Options
    was stunned for the first moment, thought we were talking about juicing i.e. steroids 0.0
  • vwillan
    vwillan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love juicing. I have watched both of Joe Cross' movies ("Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" 1 and 2), but I only did one 3-day "reboot" to cleanse and I did get to my goal weight. Now I have at least one juice a day, and I normally do a smoothie for breakfast. My one (or two) meals consist of vegetables, some good carb like brown rice, quinoa or healthy pasta and some beans. (I am mostly plant based, a little cheese and butter once in awhile) I have kept the weight off and am 55 years old. I have tried just about every "meal plan" (aka diet) out there and juicing is what did it for me, finally. I also feel better, clearer thinking and healthy. Good luck! (by the way, I do not endorse the long-term juice only diet, but it really does work for some people. Especially those that need to lose a considerable amount of weight)
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    Thanks for the insight!
  • TXChelleD
    Options
    And the video. Lol!!
  • colucas
    colucas Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have tried, I have lose 8 pounds. I started 267lbs and I just got down to 249 lbs.
    I moving to another 60 day reboot.