What do you get at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a girlfriend of mine and I get one of several things.

If it's lunch, or I have been very good all day and have some room for carbs, I get a burrito bowl: barbacoa or carnitas (I'm weird about chicken), 1/2 brown rice, pinto beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, red tomatillo salsa (I love spicy), 1/2 sour cream, and lettuce. Calculated to less than 600 cals!

If it's dinner, or I need to be very good, I'll order a salad (no vinaigrette) with carnitas (sometimes double), tomato salsa, spicy tomatillo salsa, 1/2 sour cream. Mucho protein.

Either way, I get a side of chips and guac. I go easy on the chips (and split them with my friend) and usually put a spoonful of guac in my bowl. Gotta love healthy fats!

I'm strange about cheese - if I'm getting something else that's creamy, then no cheese for me! And I feel like the sour cream really gets where I need it to go, cooling down the hot salsa, so cheese isn't necessary.
  • aflawson111
    Options
    The ones near me will let me order only two tacos, and charge a little bit less for it than for three tacos, so if I want a quick meal that's filling and less than 500 calories, I'll have two soft tacos with corn tortillas. One chicken, one steak, with beans, lettuce, a small amount of cheese, medium salsa.

If I'm starving, I'll have a bowl but sometimes I ask them to put in 1/2 the beans and 1/2 the rice they usually do, to keep the calories down if I already ate quite a bit that day.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    burrito
    brown rice
    black beans
    steak
    cheese
    i ask for cilantro and lemon/lime juice to add to it.

If I go all out ill get sour cream and guac
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutritionix.com/chipotle/nutrition-calculator

Check that site out. I love using it.

I get a burrito bowl with Chicken, Black beans, lettuce, and all the salsas and hot sauces. I skip all the cheese, guac, etc.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, double steak, tomato salsa, and guac.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I wat there at least 2x a week - salad with only lettuce, steak, salsa and guacamole.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    marhattap wrote: »
    3 Chicken Tacos with lettuce, (cilantro if they have it or cheese if they don't) and medium salsa. I then top my taco with the green hot sauce. Oh, and 2 oz of their cilantro rice :)

That was then, when I first discovered Chipolte. Now I get a bowl with white rice, double beef, mild salsa and lettuce, YUM YUM!!!!

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    mmmm Chipotle. I get the veggie salad with no rice or corn salsa - everything else! No dressing.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl with black beans, fajita (pronounced fa-HEE-ta) veggies, barbacoa or steak (barbacoa has the fewest calories, carnitas has the most), pico and extra lettuce. No rice, cheese, guac or sour cream. It's delicious, and so filling!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm bowl with lettuce, pinto beans, fajita veggies, chicken or barbacoa, pico, hot salsa, corn salsa and guac on the side
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I switch it up from time to time.

Salad with brown rice, veggies, chicken, mild salsa, cheese - 530 calories 44c/22f/45p
    Salad with chicken, veggies, sour cream, cheese - 425 calories 8c/25f/42p
    Salad with pinto beans, chicken, veggies, mild and medium salsa, sour cream, cheese - 580 calories 38c/26f/50p
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian bowl with black beans, brown rice, hot and corn salsas, guacamole, lettuce, and a small bit of sour cream. I go when I have saved enough calories to really enjoy it, but most times I make a knock off, lower calorie burrito bowl/salad at home :wink:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Bowl, brown rice, chicken, fajita veg, light pinto, tomato salsa, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and lots chipotle Tabasco.

They are building a Chipotle by me. I tested the route by bicycling. I put a hard minimum of 30 minutes of exercise and the new Chipotle is exactly 30 minutes. So I can earn my Chipotle and enjoy it. May even get a burrito if I can spare it!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Bowl with brown rice, chicken or tofu, extra veggies, no beans, lettuce, extra tomato salsa, and sour cream on the side.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    salad, chicken, black beans. little bit of cheese. little bit of rice. mild and medium salsa. no dressing.
  • AmieAP
    AmieAP Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Directions out. :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say it, but I went there once (got a steak burrito) and wasn't all that impressed. I wanted to try it again on the 4th of July, but they were closed that day. Based on my one and only experience, I have to say I definitely prefer Salsaritas (which I believe is only in SC, NC, and TN). Or even Moe's, but definitely Salsaritas. Mmm, ground beef nachos.

If I were to go again, I'd get a burrito bowl - chicken, brown rice, black beans, cheese, mild, a bit of lettuce....and some sour cream and/or guac if I had the macros for it.
  • mrvikingman
    mrvikingman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Burrito with double chicken, no rice or beans, fajita veggies, salsa, lettuce, cheese, sour cream.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Do you believe the calorie calculator on Chipotle's website? seems to me that a bowl has far more calories than they estimate.