25/ gay male looking for friends!

Options

Replies

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @TXChelleD try the thread
    Looking to lose 100+ lbs... the healthy way
    it's a great thread with a lot of really supportive people!
  • Eri0515
    Options
    Sorry the specific name is:
    Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks Eri0515!
  • lkw1239
    lkw1239 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request! Welcome :)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how being gay or straight has any bearing on gaining friends to help support you through your weight loss journey but whatever.
    Good luck, your best coach is yourself. doesn't matter what anyone says to you if you haven't made the decision to change.

It's easier than it seems (your sexuality doesn't matter)
  • blueandgreen
    blueandgreen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    I'm not sure how being gay or straight has any bearing on gaining friends to help support you through your weight loss journey but whatever.
    Good luck, your best coach is yourself. doesn't matter what anyone says to you if you haven't made the decision to change.

It's easier than it seems (your sexuality doesn't matter)

Bodyshaming is disgustingly rampant in the gay community. The big secret gays don't like to share is that we're way more horrible to each other about how we look than any hate group is to us about our sexuality. All the stereotypes about bitchy, exclusive, twinky gay dudes are true and they get to decide who is and is not attractive, and when you don't look like them, you might as well be straight. So while your sexuality doesn't matter, true, it's incredibly hard to be an overweight gay guy and have any shred of self-confidence, and I think OP is just looking for a similar soul.
  • Quaker566
    Quaker566 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also just started 21 male lol anyone can feel free to add me as well
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I agree that sexuality should not come into weight loss at all but having a fellow person who is gay couldn't hurt right?
  • BuglesBoy
    BuglesBoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How come you only want gay friends?
    I don't only want gay friends ? I don't understand a post that says "25 gay male looking for friends" signafys that I'm looking strictly for gay friends? I feel when people see the word "gay" or hear the word "gay" a lot of stereo types begin to roll through the minds of society (not saying all) but it happens so I think by you seeing the headline 25 gay you assumed I wanted strictly gay friends but that's not the case and I'm sorry for anybody who got the impression... Should have never mentioned I was gay lol
  • BuglesBoy
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    He never said he only wanted gay friends. Some of us just happen to be.
    Lol thank you!
  • BuglesBoy
    Options
    One last thing... This post was originally meant to be under the "introduce yourself" discussion... Maybe that would have cleared a lot of this speculation and questions lol
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday!

I glanced at your diary and I saw a lot of carbs and almost no protein. Switch things around for more success. *nods*
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I have been on here for 464 days and keep an open diary. I am open minded, don't care whether someone is gay or straight or a little crazy lol. were all on here to improve ourselves for one reason or another. :)
  • Eri0515
    Options
    feel free to add me, I have been on here for 464 days and keep an open diary. I am open minded, don't care whether someone is gay or straight or a little crazy lol. were all on here to improve ourselves for one reason or another. :)

That's so nice to hear!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Bodyshaming is disgustingly rampant in the gay community. The big secret gays don't like to share is that we're way more horrible to each other about how we look than any hate group is to us about our sexuality. All the stereotypes about bitchy, exclusive, twinky gay dudes are true and they get to decide who is and is not attractive, and when you don't look like them, you might as well be straight. So while your sexuality doesn't matter, true, it's incredibly hard to be an overweight gay guy and have any shred of self-confidence, and I think OP is just looking for a similar soul.

Wow I am sorry to hear that this is such a problem. It would seem like it is hard enough dealing with the intolerance and ignorance of people who judge those who happen to be gay but then to have to have more horrid treatment from those who should be sticking together and supporting one another as a group. OTOH people are just monkeys being monkeys and humans can be terrible creatures sometimes.

Here in MFP I just want friends who encourage, support and are not afraid to get honest with each other when it is necessary. If you are in it to succeed and do the hard work that that requires, while still being reasonable (meaning not doing extreme things). I am happy to have you along on the journey. :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The same intolerance and ignorance happens to straight people who are overweight. Why does one's sexual preference have a place here? I don't get it. Should I start every thread announcing that I am heterosexual?
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    BuglesBoy wrote: »
    I don't only want gay friends

Your intent came through clear for most of us, no need to apologize!

FR sent.

Also @blueandgreen thanks for filling in the discussion with some helpful background info.

• BuglesBoy
    Options
    The same intolerance and ignorance happens to straight people who are overweight. Why does one's sexual preference have a place here? I don't get it. Should I start every thread announcing that I am heterosexual?
    If that's your prerogative to start your thread as a heterosexual go for it! It shouldn't offend or bother anyone! This is a free country to state and express whatever you want...there is no rules or nothing stating on this community that you can not express what orientation you are and if you have a problem with that well that's on you! Nobody asked you to view this thread and post your negative opinions...
  • BuglesBoy
    Options
    And also your ignorance shows in your comment "should I start every thread stating I'm heterosexual?" This is the only thread I have ever created with my orientation in it you act as if I make every thread stating I'm gay... Grow up will you please? Thanks! God bless you!
  • DaneShultz
    DaneShultz Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

You had no problem stating right away you're Christian when you responded to his thread. How is that any different? I also hope you notice how he didn't criticize you for that.