HELP!!! I have Shrinking Booty Syndrome!!

Options
2»

Replies

• SarahSmile77
    Options
    You can do side bends or sit-ups, but please don't lose that butt! Lol

Oh my gosh too funny!!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    AH i feel your pain!!!!! My butt is firm and lifted, but boy is it ever shrinking! I can't wear "ladies" pants bc of my lack of hips and butt!!

Alas, I failed you Sir Mix A - Lot :sad:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    ohhh i wish i had this syndrome :)

Haha me too!
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Alas, I failed you Sir Mix A - Lot :sad:

I ADORE you people! Funny, funny stuff! :laugh:

I find that rollerblading really works my butt, plus it's fun cardio!

Another good one is running sprints. Distance running does not bulk up the glutes the way that sprints do. There's a park near my house that has a steep hill and in my fitter days I'd go over there and do 10-20 sprints. Sprint up, walk down, sprint up, walk down {repeat until your glute muscles are fatigued}. DO NOT sprint down hills, it's really hard on your knees and is very risky for acute injuries!

Another one if you don't want to go look like a dork at a public park running up the same hill a dozen times is this: on the treadmill, set it at an incline (start small, maybe 3-5%, and as you get used to it ramp it up slowly to a higher grade) and a very slow speed (1-2 mph). Then get on and walk BACKWARD on it. It really works your butt and ham strings! You can increase the speed and incline as you get used to it.

One last idea: walking lunges on the treadmill. Set the treadmill speed low (1.5 mph, give or take a half mph when you get used to it but start at .5 mph until you get the feel for it). As you do your lunges, try to match your speed to the speed of the treadmill. I did a quick youtube search and found this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWrb80JxZco
    but this kid's NOT doing it quite the way I used to. His form is not the greatest, he should let go of the hand grips, and his speed is set too high for him to get max benefit out of it. But, you'll get the idea. Also, walking lunges are great but if you really want to build booty, don't alternate left-right-left-right. Do left lunges only for 20, then right lunges only for 20. But do start by alternating to get the feel for it first (it is a little awkward at first but gets easier). Don't increase speed as they get easier, DEcrease speed, increase reps, and increase the incline to get the best booty build.

Good luck! I'm excited for you! I've just started to reclaim my formerly buff body from my currently "fluffy" (FAT!!!) self and have just started with diet and light workouts. But remembering all of the stuff I used to do is making me feel excited to get back to these brutal (but effective and WORTH it!) exercise practices! Thanks for inspiring me! :happy:
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'm going through the same thing. It's actually my chest and butt that are shrinking away. I'm trying to get rid of the stubborn belly and back fat and yet the places that I like about myself are slowly shrinking. *sigh* lol. I don't know of any exercises, but if you find them, be sure to come back and post them.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    There is a workout video called 'Brazil Butt Lift Workout'. I haven't used it yet but heard it is supposed to be really great. :)
  • carrie_lebel
    carrie_lebel Posts: 135
    Options
    Ripped in 30. Jillian Michael. Filled with squats and lunges. Your *kitten* will be tight
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    . I wish I could take the muffin top that seems to be holding on for dear life and re-distribute it in the booty and boobie area:blushing:

Me too! but only in the boobie area - 10th grade boobies were fine...when I was in 10th grade! I have ample junk in my trunk so I can still afford to loose there, but I'm desperately close to needing a smaller bra cup size...WAAAAAHHHHHHHH
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I want to lose everything but...my BOOTY.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    lots of exercises will create that big ol butt... squats, butt kicks, standing pedal on a bike, leg lifts... now u got the fat leaving... you'll have to shape the muscle to form a new & improved big butt :)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've always had a bubble butt and it runs in the family. Plumber crack comes with it, so it could always be worse, but that's another story.

Anyway, a few years ago when I was doing squats, dedlifts, and other weight training my butt got huge. So, I'll agree with the folks that have said that. I think they're on the right track though because what you're wanting to do is build muscle there and that's going to shape up your tush.

Someone mentioned a leg lift you can do on all fours, I do those sometimes. They're good for toning sagging hinies and I imagine would also help build muscle there too.