Hard today to stay clean eating

Options
I'm finding it hard today to keep on my clean eating, I'm carving all that's not clean aggggg

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating clean if you don't want to? It's not going to make you lose weight any faster, if that's your reason.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It takes some trial and error to find foods that work. Be patient. Be willing to experiment (have some flexibility) with some of the rules you established for yourself. This is a long road and most of us go through different phases wrt routines for food, exercise, . . .
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    splayford wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard today to keep on my clean eating, I'm carving all that's not clean aggggg

What Foods do you actually class as "Clean"?
    Maybe try to eat more home cooked meals and have a take away on occasion. That's what i'm doing at the moment.
    I couldn't stick with [what most people class as clean eating] for too long.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No requirement to eat "clean" to lose weight. Just need a calorie deficit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

why do you want to eat dirty food...missing something found in dirt?

Seriously tho what is "clean eating"
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating clean if you don't want to? It's not going to make you lose weight any faster, if that's your reason.

her .. she's normally right
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    make them fit in your calorie defecit across the week

deprivation causes crash & burn
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    What does "clean" even mean. Ask different people and different people will tell you different foods are "clean". It just seems totally arbitrary. By all means focus on eating nutritious foods to make up the bulk of your diet, but if you want a small treat occasionally, it won't harm you.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options

What are you craving?

• splayford
    splayford Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replays, I won't be saying clean eating again, I'm eating all homemade meals and snacks and trying to keep my calories down from this, but having a slow day at work I just feel hungry and just want to eat.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's hard to make changes. That's why they say that bad habits are hard to break...because they are!

You decided to do this for a reason, so remember it, it's probably a good one. You gotta pick what you want: your reason or your treats. Usually, that will see you through. Sometimes, it won't.

Two steps forward, one step back. Everyone has hard days and everyone fails at some point. The key is to not let a setback become a failure.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replays, I won't be saying clean eating again, I'm eating all homemade meals and snacks and trying to keep my calories down from this, but having a slow day at work I just feel hungry and just want to eat.

You will get a handle on keeping calories down. 'Hope your day is improving. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

i bring an overwhelming amount of healthy snacks like cucumbers and fruits. make sure you have lots of protein and fiber to help you feel full.

clean just is a rather ambiguous buzzword. it means lots of different things to different people :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Then eat sensible portions of the foods that you want and stay within your calories and macros. Who cares if some arbitrary book author calls it "clean" (which is a ridiculous term, BTW)

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Try more filling foods...protein and fats come to mind...

I suspect you might be confusing hunger with appetite...often times when we get bored we eat...
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ... but having a slow day at work I just feel hungry and just want to eat.
    Don't deprive yourself, just have something to eat!
    If you go over your calories, just make up for it by doing some extra exercise... (maybe go for a walk or run later).
  • splayford
    Options
    I've got though the day not having or needing extra food
  • splayford
    Options
    And I've bought a treadmill, bring it on!!!