Keeping weight off one area, while gaining in another?

Options
Is it possible to keep off weight in say, the stomach; while gaining weight in perhaps, the thighs/gluteus Maximus?

Instead of eating food to gain the weight there, then toning; should I just gain all muscle? Would that look muscular tho (too masculine)? :/

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    No. You can't pick. But you can work heavier in certain areas more than others.

I'm not sure you understand what you're trying to do. Are you trying to gain muscle? If so you need to consume more calories while weight training - not one before the other. It's known as a bulk. Once you build the muscle you desire over a good period of time (most bulks are in the range of 4-6 months) you cut to reduce the weight (bloat) and keep your muscle. By losing some of the weight you've gained you will be able to see your muscle growth. That's in layman terms.

It takes a minimum of 4-8 weeks for any muscle growth (hypertrophy) so you have to make a commitment.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to keep off weight in say, the stomach; while gaining weight in perhaps, the thighs/gluteus Maximus?

Instead of eating food to gain the weight there, then toning; should I just gain all muscle? Would that look muscular tho (too masculine)? :/

nope, not going to happen.

You have three options..

1. continue cutting until you get your body fat to where you want it.
    2. run a few bulk/cut cycles
    3. do a recomp

• ndj1979
    Options
    kdiamond wrote: »
    No. You can't pick. But you can work heavier in certain areas more than others.

I'm not sure you understand what you're trying to do. Are you trying to gain muscle? If so you need to consume more calories while weight training - not one before the other. It's known as a bulk. Once you build the muscle you desire over a good period of time (most bulks are in the range of 4-6 months) you cut to reduce the weight (bloat) and keep your muscle. By losing some of the weight you've gained you will be able to see your muscle growth. That's in layman terms.

It takes a minimum of 4-8 weeks for any muscle growth (hypertrophy) so you have to make a commitment.

it sounds like she wants to spot reduce stomach fat, while spot increasing glutes....
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Ah, the typical "I wanna big booty" thread :) - should've known. :)

Some of that is simply genetics! But you can attempt to get a better booty by lifting heavy - squats squats squats!
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

you lose body fat and gain muscle, that's the only way to lose weight and gain it at the same time lol
  • ndj1979
    Options

Some of that is simply genetics! But you can attempt to get a better booty by lifting heavy - squats squats squats!

well, actually it is "I want to lose stomach fat and gain a booty at the same time" thread..

I guess OP could do a reverse liposuction ..suck it out the gut and implant it into the booty????

and I agree on squats
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

well, actually it is "I want to lose stomach fat and gain a booty at the same time" thread..

I guess OP could do a reverse liposuction ..suck it out the gut and implant it into the booty????

and I agree on squats

As a wide hipped, but flat-booty'ed girl, I've always dreamt of the bolded idea. But alas, 'tis only a dream.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "I like big butts and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung"

- Sir Mixalot - I Like Big Butts Lyrics | MetroLyrics

No
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

and I agree on squats

They call that a Brazilian Butt Lift ;)

*Edit to fix my brain fart.