how do i get rid of belly?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    BetesBitch wrote: »
    peterjens wrote: »
    Figure out your TDEE minus 20%. You can't spot lose fat. But eating at a calorie deficient will help you lose fat. Please read http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

I did this calculation and it said 75 weeks to lose 10lbs WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I should be able to in 6 weeks ffs!

You used the default calculation on there that is set to recomposition.

You have also started nearly identical topics multiple times over the last few years. The answers haven't changed.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »
    I am 5'9" as well I weigh 130lbs. I still have belly fat, I workout at the gym and I am still trying to get rid of it.

I'm 5'9" and the last time I competed in a bodybuilding competition I was 155 pounds. For many people gaining lean mass is an important step to improving body composition and reducing fat.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »
    I am 5'9" as well I weigh 130lbs. I still have belly fat, I workout at the gym and I am still trying to get rid of it.
    I looked at ur pics...um no hardly!!! you look fab! i have like a 5lb blob of it right on my belly...its biggggg
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Figure out your TDEE minus 20%. You can't spot lose fat. But eating at a calorie deficient will help you lose fat. Please read http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

I did this calculation and it said 75 weeks to lose 10lbs WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I should be able to in 6 weeks ffs!

You have also started nearly identical topics multiple times over the last few years. The answers haven't changed.

Ive lost weight over the last year. thanks to info on here! still have belly and asking how to get rid. thanks.

• usmcmp
    Options

Ive lost weight over the last year. thanks to info on here! still have belly and asking how to get rid. thanks.

It's still a matter of losing more fat while retaining your lean mass. Eventually you may need to consider switching to maintenance and trying to add a bit of muscle, but for now it is still fat loss.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Okay so TDEE is 2240 for me as I exercise 3-5 times a week (moderately active)
    20% less is 1792...but if i eat 1792 is going to take too long! Now if i eat 1300 the calculator says 14 weeks to drop 10lbs and hopefully 5lbs of that at least will be straight from belly.

Do you think it will be ok for me to eat that low? I will log it too to make sure just like before when i lost - i logged...
  • usmcmp
    Options
    20% less is 1792...but if i eat 1792 is going to take too long! Now if i eat 1300 the calculator says 14 weeks to drop 10lbs and hopefully 5lbs of that at least will be straight from belly.

Do you think it will be ok for me to eat that low? I will log it too to make sure just like before when i lost - i logged...

What's the rush? Also, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to lose fat. There's a difference.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

You can, you'll just lose more muscle than is necessary. I'm not sure what math you used to get 75 weeks to lose 10 pounds, though.

Not 6. But yeah, 75 seems like a lot... I'd check that math. I'm working on those last stubborn lbs too, tummy included and I'm down almost 7 lbs since the beginning of the year. (Checks work calendar...) So, 27 1/2 weeks.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    planks and crunches. While there is no such thing as spot reduction of fat, if you make your belly stronger, it will still become flatter because the organs inside won't be flopping forward under weak muscles; instead, they will be held in place..
  • BetesBitch
    Options

What's the rush? Also, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to lose fat. There's a difference.

The rush is a trip away in October! Wanna look best! and my wedding is to follow.....

• BetesBitch
    Options
    Oh yea, forgot to memtion, i did start doing planks! I also do squats with handweights, lunges with body weight or handweights and deadlifts with handweights (lifting 50lbs)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

The rush is a trip away in October! Wanna look best! and my wedding is to follow.....

work as hard as you can leading up to your events and thats the best you can hope for.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Will this plan work:

1300 cals a day for 3 months (logging) No screw ups on weekends!
    3-5 days of walking and/or elliptical
    3 days of weights (1 legs, 1 chest/back/bis, 1 shoulders/tris)
    Planks every 2nd day (currently 30 seconds)
  • BetesBitch
    Options

work as hard as you can leading up to your events and thats the best you can hope for.

Thanks for the encouragement! Much better than ur last reply lol
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (This TDEE stuff is endlessly confusing & I've only just felt like I've gotten a handle on it myself.) But I don't think you factor your exercise into your activity level. Or if you do, don't count exercise calories or you might end up double dipping.

I've calculated my TDEE with my activity level set to sedentary. I work a desk job too. I'm only 5'2 but I eat 1400 a day. It's a modest deficit for me though, somewhere in between TDEE minus 5-10%. Then I enter my exercise calories separately and if I want to eat them I can.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yep.

If you go to 1300 you'll be at ~TDEE -40%. That would never be recommended for someone of a healthy weight already. If you go that low, sure you'll lose weight at a faster rate.....while sacrificing lean body mass, which means you could end up weighing less, but not really changing your BF%.

You're down to the last bit of fat, and that takes a smaller deficit, lifting, and patience to rid yourself of most efficiently and effectively.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement! Much better than ur last reply lol

i try and keep things balanced
  • usmcmp
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (This TDEE stuff is endlessly confusing & I've only just felt like I've gotten a handle on it myself.) But I don't think you factor your exercise into your activity level. Or if you do, don't count exercise calories or you might end up double dipping.

I've calculated my TDEE with my activity level set to sedentary. I work a desk job too. I'm only 5'2 but I eat 1400 a day. It's a modest deficit for me though, somewhere in between TDEE minus 5-10%. Then I enter my exercise calories separately and if I want to eat them I can.

TDEE includes your exercise. TDEE is your BMR + non-exercise activity + exercise. Unless you are working out hard for an hour plus per day every day of the week you are still fairly sedentary on the TDEE calculator.
  • BetesBitch
    Options

TDEE includes your exercise. TDEE is your BMR + non-exercise activity + exercise. Unless you are working out hard for an hour plus per day every day of the week you are still fairly sedentary on the TDEE calculator.

Now im confused lol, should i have set that TDEE calculator to sedentary for me? Office job and work out 30min for 3-5 days a week????

• Capt_Apollo
    Options

Now im confused lol, should i have set that TDEE calculator to sedentary for me? Office job and work out 30min for 3-5 days a week????

sounds sedentary to me.