Girl Only Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yoga. There are a lot of asanas that really help relieve cramps. And if you aren't in pain, I'd say do whatever you normally do.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find that doing my regular routine works, and helps to make me stop bleeding as heavy faster than if I don't do anything at all.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts as normal, it tends to ease my cramping pains :)

This, although sometimes I'm not able to life quite as heavy.

I'm not sure how it might be different for someone with endometriosis. That's a tough break, so maybe check with your doc?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i'll be honest, I have NEVER found exercise to help ease my cramps. never. because i am a special snowflake :wink: I just stay with some nsaids or whatever the dr has prescribed and keep going to the best of my ability
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I always take the first day off from heavy Exercise. If I have the energy I'll do a 5 mile moderate pace walk instead.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Any of the exercises you'd normally do. Unless you're in severe pain, there's no need to complicate things with special menstration routines.

Edit: I'm an ***hole and didn't read all the way through your post. I apologize, sorry you deal with so much pain. :\
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If it's the heaviest day, I won't do leg day cos honestly it's gross,with so much coming out, but I can train all the upper part :D
    Also dunno about cardio, I don't do much hehe
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple of pretty heavy days, although I don't usually get bad cramps. So those heavy days I don't do any kind of cardio (hate it anyway), and yeah, it's harder to work on my legs. But I still train my upper body. And like someone else mentioned, I do notice a dip in my strength.
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My main problem during my period is fatigue and heavy cramps. I usually do HIIT for cardio and some strength training, but if it's a BAD day I'll go for a brisk, hour-long walk. Gets my heart going, I find the trail soothing, a good sweat relaxing, and I don't crap out because I'm feeling weak.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yoga and Pilates....could do active rest days likr walking, light cardio
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I (thank goodness) don't suffer from endometriosis. I do however have extremely short yet ridiculously heavy and awfully painful periods - I'm talking about changing a super tampon hourly otherwise I get red shoes...

Needless to say I make those three days my rest days as working out makes me heavier. But that's what works for me... Check with your gp about what they would suggest

Best of luck op
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I absolutely can not do moderate or intense cardio for the first two days of my period unless I want fetal position, sweating buckets, gasping for breath, feeling ripped in half pain. Sometimes an easy walk can help ease my regular cramps when they radiate down my legs, but I try not to get too far from home, just in case it triggers the evil cramping.

I usually stick to stretching (hip flexor stretches help the pain a little) or light upper body resistance exercise on the first 2-3 days of my period and I use NSAIDs and a TENS machine to help ease the cramping.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to have endometriosis. It was much improved by consistent exercise. Even heavy cardio is fine and helps cramps. I just had to stay near a bathroom early on!

When I have my period, I often hurt from the base of my skull to the second joint of my toes. I have prescription painkillers, and a hydrocodone +prescription strength ibuprofen gets me going, and after it's much better. :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh, and I don't have a magic cure for endometriosis, sorry. :( I had it before I had my first kid, it got REALLY bad (with adhesions) between 1 and 2, and then cleared up pretty much entirely after #2.

I think that working out during my period makes the bleeding much heavier but last much less longer.