America messed up my body shape

Options
I am from Yemen but currntly living America Minnsota. When I first came to the U.S I used to weigh around 160 lbs which was very bad for a guy who is 5.5 feet tall I guess but it has gotten worse I gaind 60 lbs in 6 months I still remember when my pants were getting tighter and tighter untill they just ripped on the crotch area and I was still earing like crazy anyways I have tried to stick with a diet numours times but fail the food looked too yummy but now I signed up to a gym membership and I finaly feel like I can control my self from over eating and eating sweets i started my diet 7/6/2015 with weight of 222lbs my goal is 160 lbs or 155 lbs

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's America's fault
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't see how your admitted lack of self control is the fault of the country you reside in.

Good luck.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The first step to success is accepting responsibility for your actions. Yes, lots of yummy calorie dense foods are easily available in America. No, you did not have to eat them all, you chose to.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Don't blame America, blame you.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh boy.....They told you off in a hurry.... !!! :D That´s not very supportive. I think you owned up very nice to the fact that you are easily tempted by the yummi food,- like so many of us. Here´s to staying strong and finding our own path to Health and long life. I wish you good luck. kind regards.