Lost just over 1 lb last week, then 4 this week..

Options
AspenDan
AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Guess that's what yall mean about weight loss not being linear.

Replies

• randi475
    randi475 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You know, your body might fill those fat cells with water once the fat has been burned, and you wont see a big difference on the scale. Then one day you find yourself peeing a lot or sweating or something to use up all that fluid and bam, you lose 4lbs practically overnight.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yep...and who knows... you might put on a pound or two this week.

And even if you do...that's a "long" term trend of 3-4 lbs loss in 3 weeks...

That's why we also recommend looking at the long term trends, not day-to-day or week-to-week fluctuations.
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Omg. I so needed this thread. I know in my mind that I'm doing this right, but seeing a gain on the scale is crushing.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Omg. I so needed this thread. I know in my mind that I'm doing this right, but seeing a gain on the scale is crushing.

:]
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, it sounds like you've taken some of the advice you've gotten here to heart and getting the benefit. Keep it up and good luck.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options

And you so need to read this thread - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Because of this, I don't record a new low until I have seen it on the scale for a few days.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Yep...and who knows... you might put on a pound or two this week.

And even if you do...that's a "long" term trend of 3-4 lbs loss in 3 weeks...

That's why we also recommend looking at the long term trends, not day-to-day or week-to-week fluctuations.

This, because that's just the way it goes sometimes. I weight 5 pounds less today than I did on Monday, but on Sunday I was roundabouts maintenance weight (I've been maintaining for over a year and a half). :D

Keep the faith, Daniel, that you are doing things just about right.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It can drive you crazy, that's for sure! A few weeks ago I lost 4 pounds in one week for no apparent reason, since I've been at this for several months so it's not like it was the initial water weight loss. Then the following week I lost 3 pounds! Then the next week I gained 2, and lost 2 within the same week. And this week I pretty much maintained.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Last couple of months I've found this. Have three or four weeks where the weight creeps off and then it jumps three or four pounds.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yup. Last week I lost 5.5 pounds - hadn't done anything different. This week I bounced up 2, and down 1. But I'm still about 4 down from 2 weeks ago. No rhyme or reason, but I'll take it.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Well hopefully within a month or two I'll be back into the two hundreds..gonna be so great