Workout Clothes?

Options
I was wondering if anyone could recommend good/inexpensive workout clothes. I've lost 39 pounds & I wanted to buy some but there are so many to choose from. I have 2 special needs kids, because of that I'm a SAHM, so money is always tight. I've been working out in my regular clothes but since I've lost weight nothing fits anymore. At this point I'll even buy some off of eBay. :-)

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can get some good bargains on Ebay actually.
    Not sure if you're in the UK, but MandM direct.com are pretty reasonable.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Walmart's Danskin line. Very well made for the price.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Target & Old Navy
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Old Navy's Active line. I have stuff I bought there 4 years ago that's still in perfect shape. You can find it on sale quite often, too. I recently got a pair of compression capris and a matching sports bra on sale for $10 total.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is all I wear
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have found some really nice pieces at consignment stores for really cheap ($7 and under). I also had a left over maternity tank from old navy that I use and love while working out, it was $8 and fits long, comfy and is breathable.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Not knowing all of your circumstances, I would possibly recommend Kohls. They usually have coupons and sale days, even if you don't have a card with them. They will also put a good chunk of their workout gear on the clearance shelf from time-to-time. I once bought a $40 pair of pants there for $10.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    There's a site/app called VarageSale. Local people buy and sell their things and I've gotten tons of brand name stuff for just dollars. :)
  • SJMask89
    SJMask89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just get a pack of tanks/or crew necks and roll. Oh need a headband too. Forever stuntin with the headband.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I usually buy target
    you can also go to your 2nd hand store if you want
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I got mine for free... commando!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you're from but I have gotten really good deals at Gap, Gap Outlet and Burlington. Burlington definitely had the best prices.
  • i_miss_me
    i_miss_me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    leggings and tank tops

why spend a lot of money on something youre just using to workout in? LOL
  • AmieAP
    AmieAP Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells affordable bike shorts and tank tops for working out. Right now they will have a bigger supply than in the winter
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thrift store, Goodwill has things other than sack cloth.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I've actually been getting some pretty rad looking workout clothes from Forever 21 of all places. They have some leggings that I imagine Natasha Romanoff would wear to work out.

For running, though, I need sturdier, more sweat-wicking clothes, and I've found of all places, Old Navy does the trick.
  • springmiyake
    springmiyake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just bought some great workout tops from Kohl's website a couple weeks ago. At the time they offered 20% of active wears and 20% for June. I was able to use both coupon codes on top of items that were already on sale. So I ended up paying $6~$7 for each performance top. (The brands I got were Fila and Tek) I haven't found deals better than this as I searched through all kinds of stores/websites that seller active wears. Just keep stalking Kohls website for promo!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I thought we were legally obligated to say Under Armor brand?