day started off badly :/ need to get it on track asap!!

Options
Help! I woke up this morning with absolutely no motivation and wanted to eat and eat. I did and now I feel so frustrated and guilty for overeating. I did a short workout video to try to help but I know that wasn't nearly enough to make up for all the extra calories I ate :/ I am still feeling defeated.

Replies

• demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just follow your normal plan for the day. And continue as usual tomorrow. It doesn't sound like a healthy mindset to overeat then work out hard to make up for it. Aim for steady progress and consistency rather than cycles.
  • demoiselle2014
    Options
    And of course you aren't defeated. Everyone has off days. The trick is to avoid all or nothing thinking. Just because you slipped a little doesn't mean all is lost.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When you feel that way just eat something healthy and filling and chase it with lots of water so the after effects of the binge won't hit you so hard later.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Demoiselle is correct. Just log it, move on, and aim to do better. Consistency is key and trying too hard to "fix" a bad day can set you up for more failures later on.

For the rest of the day, eat smart, but don't starve; workout if you're up for it, but rest if you're already content with the workout this morning. Tomorrow, wake up and live your normal day with all of your normal goals.
  • demoiselle2014
    Options
    2wise4u wrote: »
    When you feel that way just eat something healthy and filling and chase it with lots of water so the after effects of the binge won't hit you so hard later.

There's no need to eat more unless/until op is physically hungry, though.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Log what you ate, eat normally according to your plan and accept that sometimes you are going to fall off the wagon. Drink lots of water, load up on veggies and fruit, and if you can fit a walk in somewhere, do it. Tomorrow is a brand new day and you'll get another chance to start off well :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How any calories did you overeat by. How many is that over maintenance (not your target)?
  • jlabrum16
    jlabrum16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have a really hard time with all or nothing thinking. Thanks for the support and suggestions.
    I knew I over ate and so I didn't dare log it because I didn't want to get feeling even worse about myself. :/
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    jlabrum16 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I have a really hard time with all or nothing thinking. Thanks for the support and suggestions.
    I knew I over ate and so I didn't dare log it because I didn't want to get feeling even worse about myself. :/

Log it, recognize that you ate more than you wanted to and then move on. There's no reason to beat yourself up but you aren't doing yourself any favors by trying to pretend it didn't happen, either. One thing it takes to lose weight and keep it off is honesty with yourself.