Vegan protein powders ?

Options
Best vegan protein powders you come across ? Possibly any budget friendly ?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    RAW makes a decent vegan protein powder. You might get more traction on the Happy Herbivores group with this question.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Sun Warrior - Warrior Blend Vanilla. I think it comes in other flavors, as well. I bought mine on Amazon and it was cheaper than at the local natural grocers.

If you have a natural grocery store nearby, they usually have sample size packages of various protein powders for about $1-$2 each. Maybe try a couple and see what you like before spending $30 on a big container.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Vegefuel by Twin Labs is pretty decent
  • KayLynn702
    KayLynn702 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    VeganMax Protein by Lifetime Fitness is pretty good - they have chocolate or vanilla. I think non-members can purchase as well.
  • byusuri
    byusuri Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Following. I'm currently using Veggie Elite and it's pretty nasty.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I've tried about a dozen types and the only one I can stand is soy protein. Right now I am using Optimum Nutrition 100% soy protein in vanilla bean flavour. I mix it with almond milk and frozen fruit for breakfast and it's ok. Don't think I'd drink it with just water, though.

Some people like Vega or Sunwarrior, but I am not one of those people.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My trainer loves Orgain Organic Protein Powder. 150 calories, 21 g protein, 5 g fiber, sprouted chia seeds, only 1 g of sugar. She claims it tastes great, too. Available at Costco.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't use supplements generally, but what your looking for is Pea or Soy based powders, if you want to stay vegan.

You should also understand, as a non animal source, it wont be a complete protein source. But as a vegan, you should be well aware of how to make that all work and balance out by using multiple sources.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    SAN Raw Fusion
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My wife likes this one. She uses it due to Crohn's.
    No soy in it.
    An a lot cheaper than the crud they hawk at WF.
    http://www.costco.com/Orgain-Organic-Protein-Powder---2.74-lbs.product.100121465.html
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp protein. :smile:
  • GeekGoneWild
    GeekGoneWild Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like Vega one - they have a full line of products including all in one - so no need to take vitamins to a complete sport line. It was recommended by our dietician and she uses it herself. There are no additives, etc.
    http://myvega.com/
  • chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Nutribiotic brown rice protein powder. First, I'd decide your protein needs and pick a base (e.g., brown rice, pea, hemp, or soy). Then look at the prices/brands. I use brown rice because it was a required for a protein bar recipe (whey would just be sticky, apparently). I really like their chocolate one, but they don't manufacture 1lbs containers. :(
  • twotongues1
    twotongues1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    chunmi wrote: »

Do you use chocolate smooth flavor ? I have it and it has a very sandy texture to it , hows the unflavored one ?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I've tried about a dozen types and the only one I can stand is soy protein. Right now I am using Optimum Nutrition 100% soy protein in vanilla bean flavour. I mix it with almond milk and frozen fruit for breakfast and it's ok. Don't think I'd drink it with just water, though.

Some people like Vega or Sunwarrior, but I am not one of those people.

Have you ever tried any of the whey options by optimum nutrition? Perhaps before you went vegan? I ask because I am looking for a vegan powder also. I currently use ON whey and really like it, so it's the soy is comparable that would be nice.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Sun Warrior Clasic Raw Vegan
  • chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    chunmi wrote: »

Do you use chocolate smooth flavor ? I have it and it has a very sandy texture to it , hows the unflavored one ?

I use the unflavoured one! It is kinda grainy, but i don't really mind. The taste.. Well it took some time to get used to but I don't think it's that bad, i just blend it with a banana and some almond milk and it tastes pretty good! I haven't tried the flavoured one, since I'm trying to avoid sucralose
  • lynnsyoung164
    lynnsyoung164 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Best vegan protein powders you come across ? Possibly any budget friendly ?

Now Sports Pea Protein Dutch Chocolate.
    No sucralose. Absolutely delicious!