Workout Clothes?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I thought we were legally obligated to say Under Armor brand?

That's only for people who don't use Ad Block Plus :P

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    at tjmaxx i can usually find workout tops/bottoms for under $10
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Walmart's Danskin line. Very well made for the price.

Ditto.
    leggings and tank tops

why spend a lot of money on something youre just using to workout in? LOL

Ya, my workout gear is multi-purpose :)

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    leggings and tank tops

It depends on what you're doing, I'd think. For lifting I just wear whatever because I don't sweat much and I'm not bouncing around. However, for running I need good moisture wicking, a supportive sports bra and compression pants or running shorts that will stay up without me having to tug on them all the time.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    leggings and tank tops

Cool workout gear is usually my reward for doing well fitness or weight-loss-wise. So, every time I can get a smaller size, or pull off something new without feeling uncomfortable, I don't mind shelling out a little extra.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'd get something not too expensive, and workout bottoms with a draw string if possible. Then you can keep wearing them longer as you lose weight. It's not worth splurging on something expensive and super durable when you will shrink out of it long before it would have worn out anyway!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Walmart's Danskin line. Very well made for the price.

Agreed! They're really nice.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've bought most of my workout clothing from Lane Bryant -- they are a bit on the pricey side, but I always look for coupons online (just do a google search) to bring that price down. I bought my bike shorts from Always for Me -- they are the ones that are used in the Biggest Loser show. Love them! Be careful buying things online -- in terms of checking the "sizing" carefully.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Target...Costco
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx has the cutest styles for really low prices. Walmart Danskin sport bras are amazing. Target also has somr good choices. Was just at Target and Walmart today! Got a sport bra for $8.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The one problem with the walmart brand is that it runs so big - I'm not a "tiny" person, yet the XS is loose on me.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Target for yoga pants and capris, Old Navy and Gap for t-shirts and tank tops. For some reason, I like the ankle socks that I get at Costco...they have a little KB on the toe which must be the brand.

Actually, my favorite workout t-shirts are from a Mexican clothing store in my neighborhood. They are 3 for $12. There are many good deals to be had at ethnic groceries and clothing stores--check out whatever you have local to you.

I have a friend who teaches Zumba who sometimes finds really cool/very cheap workout clothing at Grocery Outlet.
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I buy almost all my workout clothes at TJMaxx or Marshall's. They are nice and pretty cheap.

+1
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, Asda's work out stuff is really good. Their xxl fit me at a big size 20 and lasted me to about size 16. Cheap, comfy, looks good after hundreds of washes and does that sweat wicking thing too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is good and inexpensive. Go for wicking fabrics if you can. I love spandex for keeping all that wobbly surplus skin tucked in. I wandered in to this discussion because I wore an old white T-shirt to a Color Me Rad run, came home the colors of the rainbow (HEAD-TO-TOE), and my poor hubby tried to get the t-shirt clean! LOL. (He's in charge of laundry). I told him we'll get some color dye and make ourselves a tie-dyed t-shirt.

Since I've been entering races I don't have to worry about tops any more. I get a free t-shirt at nearly every race. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, LOL.

We have Giant Tiger here in Canada. Not sure if you have a similarly impressive discount store where you are. Watch cheap fabrics; they can reveal a LOT.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Target. I especially love Old Navy because they run sales so often.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazon
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I agree with the leggings and tank top suggestion. I pretty much only wear t-shirts and yoga pants/leggings at work, then the second I get home, I'm already dressed for my walk, haha!
  • eolhcslliw
    eolhcslliw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With Fabletics, you get your first outfit for £22! (not sure if this is available in the states but it's worth taking a look!)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am impressed with old navy's workout wear...cute and the price is right. I noticed some great deals on the clearance rack at the GAP.