Trying to lose 34 pounds by new years

Options
Hello myfitnesspals I am a 23 year old female 5'5 today is my 40 day strike when I started I was probably 167 pounds I thought I was 163 but when I finally got a scale I weighed 165 sooo today I am 160 pounds lost inches around my neck waist and arms hips stayed the same but I am happy with the progress. My GW is 127 pounds and I am trying my best to make this a reality by new years I would like to know some tips on getting there what are good foods and exercises to speed up the progress. I was eating 1200 calories a day but was feeling sluggish and drained bumped it up to 1360. Anyone has success stories trying to lose 35 pounds or so and how long has it taken you. I know everyone says it takes longer to lose when you are close to your goal weight I just hope it doesn't take me too long I feel 35 pounds isn't that close to my GW.

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs per week will get you there. You can do it! I'd love to lose about 35 by then too. Feel free to add me!
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    cvstokke wrote: »
    1.5 lbs per week will get you there. You can do it! I'd love to lose about 35 by then too. Feel free to add me!

Awesome I will good luck
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You MIGHT be able to do it, but you would have to be extremely diligent and consistent with your food intake. There are no "good foods or special exercises" that will get you there really. If you don't have a food scale, get one today.... use it for every bite or sip that passes your lips.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • LenaGracie
    LenaGracie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 29 lbs since December, but my progress was VERY slow and steady. Time will pass anyway, don't worry too much if you don't make your goal by a certain date.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

The problem is you guys only have 26 weeks left. At your current weight and height you won't be able to maintain a 500 calorie deficit if you are currently eating 1360 calories. You need at least a 500 calorie deficit per day to lose just one pound per week. So realistically as you get closer to your goal you'll likely only be able to lose a half pound per week.
  • lalainap19
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »

The problem is you guys only have 26 weeks left. At your current weight and height you won't be able to maintain a 500 calorie deficit if you are currently eating 1360 calories. You need at least a 500 calorie deficit per day to lose just one pound per week. So realistically as you get closer to your goal you'll likely only be able to lose a half pound per week.

So could I be eating more than I am and still lose?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    lalainap19 wrote: »

Possibly. Strictly speaking about calories eaten and not volume of food, if you eat more calories and do not increase your activity, your loss will slow down, stall, or reverse.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Possibly. Why don't you figure out what your maintenance calories would be at 160, 150, 140 and 130. For example I think its about 1900 calories if you weigh 160 pounds. Take away 500 calories (1 pound per week) and you could eat 1400 calories per day. As you weigh less you won't be able to keep up with the 500 calorie deficit and you will lose weight at a slower rate. With only 26 weeks its unlikely you would be able to lose 35 pounds unless you starved yourself.
  • lalainap19
    Options

Possibly. Why don't you figure out what your maintenance calories would be at 160, 150, 140 and 130. For example I think its about 1900 calories if you weigh 160 pounds. Take away 500 calories (1 pound per week) and you could eat 1400 calories per day. As you weigh less you won't be able to keep up with the 500 calorie deficit and you will lose weight at a slower rate. With only 26 weeks its unlikely you would be able to lose 35 pounds unless you starved yourself.

My BMR is 1545 and I'm sedentary so its 1854 I'm a stay at home mom and don't move around much.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1545 and I'm sedentary so its 1854 I'm a stay at home mom and don't move around much.
    So eating approximately 1360 calories should allow you to lose .5 to 1 pound a week on average.
  • lalainap19
    Options
    So eating approximately 1360 calories should allow you to lose .5 to 1 pound a week on average.

Yes sounds about right I've lost 1 pound a week so I guess it will take longer than anticipated but as long as I get there I'll be happy :D
  • Mariposa333408
    Mariposa333408 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We have the exact same goal and are the exact same height and weight. Let's do this! Add me as a friend.
  • lalainap19
    Options
    We have the exact same goal and are the exact same height and weight. Let's do this! Add me as a friend.

Awesome I've been trying to find someone anyone with the same stats and goal as me so we can track our progress together. Where are you from?