Anyone else end up choosing foods to eat just because they are easy to log?

Options

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal in March. For me, it was not harder at the end, just took longer.
    Restaurant food. Is rare for me now. Not because I might not know the calories, etc. I just feel better staying away from it. If I do go out I pick something that is a treat ( can't make at home ) and enjoy part of what is served. Either bring the rest home or leave it. Just depends. Same thing goes for a meal cooked by someone else. Enjoy but don't overdo. I have learned when to stop eating. Versus just keep eating because it tastes good. And I will spend the extra time to log a new recipe and like to change it up where need be to meet my numbers. Bottom line. You can't be perfect everyday.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    nope i like to vary and a balanced intake
    When the data bank dont have it or is not correct i make my own entree.

Only when i have to guesstimate i take the closest.

and i dont deny dinners out or a Starbucks or whatever :)
    Just everything in moderation that's ll
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,742 Member
    Options
    In the beginning? Absolutely. Nowadays, a bit considerably less so.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Or denying yourself dinner at a local restaurant that's surely not in the database, or picking packaged food you don't really want to eat over a delicious meal someone else cooked that you couldn't meticulously measure every piece of?
    !"

No. I have not done that. I don't find logging that tedious or frustrating. I also know I can have a day where I go over a bit and still lose weight so that one inaccurately logged meal won't hurt me.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    I am one of the laziest loggers I know. ;) I eat the same thing five days a week just so I can prelog in about five minutes and I don't have to math and stuff.

YEP THATS ME TOO.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Even if I wasn't logging I generally eat the same breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner.

Makes food shopping easier, and you know what it is, taste etc so you don't end up with a bad lunch.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Everything can't be in the database. You have to make decisions based on "like/similar" foods. After doing this for a few months, based on what is actually in the database, you should be able to fairly accurately pick something.

If it's not in the database add it...

to the OP no no no...I eat the foods I want/love and log it as accurately as I can.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I'm a lazy logger too, and find myself eating the same foods because I know it's already in my food database and cringe when I have to add something new which makes my list longer . . .
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Wishing MFP could let us "deactivate" stuff we only ate once . . .
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I am one of the laziest loggers I know. ;) I eat the same thing five days a week just so I can prelog in about five minutes and I don't have to math and stuff.

Joins the lazy club! :D

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    no......
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do. It just makes sense to me that I should avoid eating places that don't include nutritional information.

It's not that I feel lazy and I'm avoiding work. It's more like I'm willing to do EXTRA work to find things that I can get accurate information for.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I skip foods all the time that I can't log accurately.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pick restaurants just because I know there will be nutritional information there, even though I might enjoy a different restaurant more. Other than that, no.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I would second this in a heart beat!

and, yay! I love that there's so many of us lazy people, here. ;)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

I eat dinner at my mom's house regularly and I know that I've blown that day's deficit on several occasions. I'm not going to turn down that food in favor of eating something I know precisely. I have a life outside of my weight loss.
    Hah this is preciesly my problem when i visit my parents and my dad cooks something delicious.
    As for the last 10 pounds thing: Yes, you do have to be more accurate if you want the weight to come off consistently. But I have gone from obese to 6 pounds above goal and I know I'm working on vanity pounds. I was much more restrictive in the beginning. As long as I'm in a deficit most of the time, I don't worry about going over. The weight is coming off slowly, but I don't feel like I'm losing out on social gatherings, so it's fine.
    This is comforting, thank you. Dunno why I'm freaking out about vanity pounds, I guess I'm still in the "coming to terms with the weight loss slowing" phase.

It's funny how we're so gung ho when accuracy doesn't matter as much, then a bit more laissez faire when it does. I don't know if you work out, but I find tracking my intake much less stressful when I know I have a pool of exercise calories to play with.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I eat dinner at my mom's house regularly and I know that I've blown that day's deficit on several occasions. I'm not going to turn down that food in favor of eating something I know precisely. I have a life outside of my weight loss.
    Hah this is preciesly my problem when i visit my parents and my dad cooks something delicious.
    As for the last 10 pounds thing: Yes, you do have to be more accurate if you want the weight to come off consistently. But I have gone from obese to 6 pounds above goal and I know I'm working on vanity pounds. I was much more restrictive in the beginning. As long as I'm in a deficit most of the time, I don't worry about going over. The weight is coming off slowly, but I don't feel like I'm losing out on social gatherings, so it's fine.
    This is comforting, thank you. Dunno why I'm freaking out about vanity pounds, I guess I'm still in the "coming to terms with the weight loss slowing" phase.

It's funny how we're so gung ho when accuracy doesn't matter as much, then a bit more laissez faire when it does. I don't know if you work out, but I find tracking my intake much less stressful when I know I have a pool of exercise calories to play with.

I do and then I have to deal with "am i eating back enough of the exercise calories? too many?"

so many factors. UGH
  • barbecuesauce
    Options

I would second this in a heart beat!

and, yay! I love that there's so many of us lazy people, here. ;)

I wish they would let us deactivate it as well! We've all bought and logged things we'll probably never eat again. I'd like to remove my Fourth of July hot dogs from the first page of recent results, please.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options

I do and then I have to deal with "am i eating back enough of the exercise calories? too many?"

so many factors. UGH

I actually tested it out this year. I ate 50% back for a month and then all of them back for a month. MFP is about 75% accurate for me.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I do fitbit calorie adjustments which people seem to trust a bit more but it still scares me to eat those back.