wedding dress blues...

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and since I've posted this I've lost about -6.2lbs I'm in the lower 140s and it feels good not sure yet if I fit in my wedding dress but it really did start in the kitchen and now that it's not 20° anymore here in central PA and back to normal weather I can actually go hiking with my fiancé and a little bit more outside! Still waiting for warmer weather but this will do for now. Thanks so much for helping!

waytogo.jpg
  • christyj0725
    christyj0725 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    -7lbs!! Wedding dress here I come!!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    I used to be a wedding dress designer and I can not tell you how many brides ruin their big day worried about how they look in their wedding dress. The worst is when they say "Don't worry, I am going to be a size 6 by my wedding day." Then, the night before the wedding I would be ripping out seams to fit a size 14 body. Enjoy your day no matter what size you are. You are in love, and he loves you no matter what. You will be the most beautiful you can be if you are happy. Congrats to you on your wedding.

This! This this this. And congratulations and many happy years and memories to you both.
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Thanks for the support and I've lost almost 8lbs!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I workout inside, in my basement in a 9x9' space. Got 9x9'? You can lose whatever you want (given a reasonable tine frame.)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and since I've posted this I've lost about -6.2lbs I'm in the lower 140s and it feels good not sure yet if I fit in my wedding dress but it really did start in the kitchen and now that it's not 20° anymore here in central PA and back to normal weather I can actually go hiking with my fiancé and a little bit more outside! Still waiting for warmer weather but this will do for now. Thanks so much for helping!

Thanks for coming back and giving an update! Sounds like you're making good progress so far!
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm loving watching your progress! And I totally understand about not wanting to do outside workouts in cold weather. I'm a total heatbug and even just going to my car in the rain is irritating to me. I'd actually rather be a disgusting, sweaty mess running in the boiling sun (poor people who have to walk past me in the street!)! Just for future reference - I know you're probably getting married shortly but you may feel like keeping your progress up through the winter post-wedding - 30-day shred is a great indoor workout if you have access to small handweights, and if not Les Mills' Body Combat is a really crazy workout with some really likeable/fun instructors and great music!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Now that it's 39 days til the wedding I've lost 9.6lbs!! And now that summer has reached Central PA my fiancé and I can finally go outside!! Yay!! Yesterday I did some touch football and laser tag with some of his Army buddies and we had a great time! I haven't tried on my dress for the 2nd time, but the first time I did while he had drill and with some help with my parents MY WEDDING DRESS FITS!! Yay!! Time for hiking, swimming, BBQs, and I even got my first bikini to celebrate my weight loss. I was so shy about showing my fiancé but he liked and I actually like it. Well at least the top I kinda look like wonder woman. Thank you for following up on my progress and support! I could always use more support so go ahead and add me to your friends list!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've got an indoor bike set up in front of a telly in my dining room / office - it doesn't matter what the weather is and I can use it when kids are in bed watching stuff I'd have watched anyway. I can wear what I like and never skip it because of the weather!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Now that it's 39 days til the wedding I've lost 9.6lbs!! And now that summer has reached Central PA my fiancé and I can finally go outside!! Yay!! Yesterday I did some touch football and laser tag with some of his Army buddies and we had a great time! I haven't tried on my dress for the 2nd time, but the first time I did while he had drill and with some help with my parents MY WEDDING DRESS FITS!! Yay!! Time for hiking, swimming, BBQs, and I even got my first bikini to celebrate my weight loss. I was so shy about showing my fiancé but he liked and I actually like it. Well at least the top I kinda look like wonder woman. Thank you for following up on my progress and support! I could always use more support so go ahead and add me to your friends list!

Thanks for the updates! Getting married next year is what inspired me to come back to MFP and knuckle down.

• ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 10 days, and I just tried on my dress yesterday and it was way. Way too big! So I had to buy a new one cuz the alterations to my old one would have had to go down from a 12 to a 6, and more like a 2 for my waist! Don't lose too much before the big day haha
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This kind of thing is what gyms are for.

Planning to exercise outside in a place where the climate is always cold and snowy is planning to fail.

I just gotta say, as a Canadian in an northern city, there are ways to adapt. I've got my insulated winter running gear and my ice cleats. The weather that kept me indoors was the ice. I just did not trust I would have traction when I needed it.

That being said, you guys are getting a lot of rain, aren't you? Misery. Here's my collection of "fitness at home" ideas.

https://www.pinterest.com/janetkarasz/fitness-at-home/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so afraid to get outside and exercise in cold weather. If you're doing anything even half way strenuous (which you should be, if your goal is to exercise), you will warm up in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the plethora of cold weather workout apparel that's on the market. I've heard it said that there's no bad weather, only bad gear.

I realize some people don't like the cold - I'm the same way about humidity. I'm in the "no bad weather, only bad gear" camp for myself. I've winter camped and was perfectly comfortable sleeping in a tent when it was 17 degrees out, in fact, it was the best sleep of my life. 7 degrees was a little too cold for me, but I didn't have a proper winter tent.

I live in Massachusetts and got a lot of exercise last winter shoveling, and roof raking roofs and storage tents. By mid-March, however, I was going crazy from not being able to walk so joined the Y for just a month to use their overhead track. I figured by mid April I'd be able to walk again outside, and I was right.

I like to exercise outside, but there's always mall-walking when the weather is bad and the budget is low.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

Great to hear!

• christyj0725
    Options
    I've gained some a little bit but I've lost 8lbs so its still all good. But I don't do a lot of strength stuff since being so small and petite (5' 2") so I do a good amount of cardio workouts. If anyone has any suggestions, tips or advice that'd be great!
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so afraid to get outside and exercise in cold weather. If you're doing anything even half way strenuous (which you should be, if your goal is to exercise), you will warm up in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the plethora of cold weather workout apparel that's on the market. I've heard it said that there's no bad weather, only bad gear.

This is so true. ...
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Well 2wks from Saturday is the big day! I haven't tried on my dress and won't til the day of so no pressure or anything lol. But I've lost 8.6lbs so I'm happy, but it just seems like I can't get out of the 140s...I get so close and then I gain a little...sigh annoying but I think I can!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried on my dress and won't til the day of so no pressure or anything lol. quote]

Forgive the intrusion but that sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. What if it doesn't fit? Then you'll have no dress ON THE DAY. Yikes.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well done and congratulations.
    Post a pic of you in the dress
    Have a wonderful wedding.

Eventhough you are petite you can still do lifting and resistance work.( I do)
    Just remember you are lifting what is heavy for you.
    After the wedding have a look into it ( I like needfitness.com for starting), it will help you reshape your body.

Cheers, h.