Hard time

Options
god9289
god9289 Posts: 1 Member
I'm having a hard time eating the amount of calories I need. I eat to much (not to much but still over the amout) or to little. My limit is 1200 and I know you can lose muscles if you don't eat enough but I also don't want to eat to much. I eat 3 times a day because the way I work 8 at the latest at least I try. Is there anyone with some ideas. I started this once and didn't follow through but this time is different, I already lost a little and I'm not turning around.

Replies

• barrytrory
    barrytrory Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try week one say 1500 week two 1400 also don't worry if you go slightly over or under just keep plodding away
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am always under. Usually I end up eating chocolate at night to get over 1200. Just fill up the deficit to 1200 with something.

I am slowly getting better at portioning out my meals (I upped to six, three big, three small) to add calories throughout the day. My night time snack is one of the six and needs to push me over 1200 (I am happier with 1300). Pre-logging my big meals has helped me see how big my small meals should be to get to my goal. You might try that. For example, I pre-logged today's three big meals and got about 950 calories out of them. So, the goal now is three 100+ cal small meals in which my night time snack is the closer. By that time I will have weighed everything well and will have properly filled in all my other meals so I know what I have left to eat.

Good luck!
  • psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    protein protein protein ! I'm doing 1100cal and have the same problem. If you eat protein you can get the cal count up with out going nuts on carbs. I like canned chicken, or fish its easy to take with and fast to eat. You can also use a shakes. I have found the best way for me to hit my cal goal is to eat 2 meals and 2 protein sources. My DR says that any time you need to get the cal count up that adding protein is the best way to go as long as you are not adding a lot of carbs I try to add no more then 7 for shanks or 4 for other protein sources.

Good Luck Feel Free to add me
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Also: 1200 is not your limit but your goal. There is a built in deficit already and exercise gives you extra calories to spend. Try to always eat over 1200!