How do you view weekly net calories?

Options
I know you can go to "reports" and see net calories for each day on a graph for any number of days, but is there a place that shows the numbers added up for you for a week or a given range of days? ie if I was under most days but over one day can I see the weekly average in a solid figure without having to do the math or piece together what I see in the graph?

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The iphone app USED to give you you remaining cals for the week, but they changed it and now you have to manually add your cals up over the week then minus them from what you weekly goal should be.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The Android app USED to have it too. It was probably my favourite feature!
  • yapdog
    yapdog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've noticed they have changed this too, it's so annoying not being able to see weekly remaining calories!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    My Android app tells me how many I have remaining for the week. Under nutrition, then kilojoules tab (or calories for y'all) then choose weekly view.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I knew about the weekly report but I don't think I saw any totals or net. Did you have to turn your phone in its side?

I recent found out about turning your phone to get more info. I have rotation lol on.
  • MysticRealm
    edited July 2015
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    My Android app tells me how many I have remaining for the week. Under nutrition, then kilojoules tab (or calories for y'all) then choose weekly view.

Are you sure it's not showing your 'average'. Such as if you cal goal per day is 1700 and you have been eating 1500 for a few days it will show that you are averaging 200 under your goal. Cause mine does that now (even though it's useless), but it does not show me that If I have eaten 1500 (of my 1700) for 6 days, it won't show me that I have 2900 left for the 7th day.
  • minties82
    Options
    I have what is remaining. Since I know what the weekly target is I can minus it from that. I don't take notice of net kilojoules.
  • MysticRealm
    Options
    I have what is remaining. Since I know what the weekly target is I can minus it from that. I don't take notice of net kilojoules.

Then you are lucky because most people's don't do that anymore and it sucks!
  • minties82
    Options
    It says "kilojoules under weekly goal". Not a daily average or an average kilojoules under a goal.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    It says "kilojoules under weekly goal". Not a daily average or an average kilojoules under a goal.

I believe that is the average. So times it by 7 to get how much you are under for the week.

Would be good if I could exclude exercise.

• minties82
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

I believe that is the average. So times it by 7 to get how much you are under for the week.

Would be good if I could exclude exercise.

Well it says I have 42223kj remaining for next week which is accurate. And is giving me the actual remaining for this week. I can choose net or actual. Hmm I am sure I am reading it right haha! Lets hope so.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I knew about the weekly report but I don't think I saw any totals or net. Did you have to turn your phone in its side?

I recent found out about turning your phone to get more info. I have rotation lol on.

OMG!!!!!!! I just turned my phone to the side, and it worked!

Now it shows me

"Net calories under weekly goals"

AND

"Net average"

Thankyou so much @Merkavar

• minties82
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How funny, my phone must be special as there is no need to turn it sideways :-). I have pre logged Saturday.

25jdp1k.png

339ptso.png
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There's also this chrome add on: foodfastfit.com/myfitnesspal-x-foodfastfit/#/howdy
  • Merkavar
    Options
    e10bos8at6tm.jpg
    Finding all sorts of things. This screen appears to be total food excluding exercise. Which is what I was looking for.

Considering exercise is likely over estimated to wouldn't want to eat any banked calories that included exercise.
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    On the iPad it's easy, click on the pie chart icon at the bottom of your food diary, this will bring up that day's nutrition and then change 'daily' to 'weekly' with the buttons at the bottom. You get a graph with green bars under your net goal and red bars above it, along with 'net calories under (over) weekly goal'.

Now can someone tell me why all the apps are different. OK Apple and android will be, but why are there differences between the ipad and iphone apps?
  • Merkavar
    Options
    On the iPad it's easy, click on the pie chart icon at the bottom of your food diary, this will bring up that day's nutrition and then change 'daily' to 'weekly' with the buttons at the bottom. You get a graph with green bars under your net goal and red bars above it, along with 'net calories under (over) weekly goal'.

Now can someone tell me why all the apps are different. OK Apple and android will be, but why are there differences between the ipad and iphone apps?

Different screen size and resolutions, different processing power etc would be my guess.
  • MysticRealm
    Options

You guys had me all excited so I quickly went to nutrition and turned my phone sideways and it did... Exactly nothing.

Mine shows me 'net calories under(over) weekly goal' but it only shows me what I am averaging (like I explained earlier in this thread) and does not give me a running total of how many Cals I have left like it used to.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My iPhone (5s) shows me "net calories under weekly goal" under the "calories" tab week view.

ETA:Without turning the screen
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

OMG!!!!!!! I just turned my phone to the side, and it worked!

Now it shows me

"Net calories under weekly goals"

AND

"Net average"

Thankyou so much @Merkavar

Plus 1. Thank you thank you!!