Insanity

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new to working out and decided to give Insanity a try. Anyone else here that has done the Insanity workouts and possibly has any tips for getting through it? I'm finding I can keep up for the most part, but the final fifteen minutes or so really kicks my butt. I'm doing the protein shakes one in the morning and one after working out, while tracking my calories as well.

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    See the search feature above?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search
    That will show you all the hundreds of threads which mention that program.

Or you could look at the groups
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups

As for protein shakes, save your money. Just eat normal food.
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've never actually completed the entire two month program, but I like to incorporate the workouts into my routine. I did complete the first month a few years back and saw great results.

One of my big lessons learned is to make sure you're fueling your body properly. The reason I only completed the first month was because my calorie deficit was too large and I got really burned out.

I actually found that protein shakes helped me with recovery. If they are within your calorie and/or macro goals, then go for it. Probably not a must have, but I have found them useful.

Also, don't try to do too much too fast. You'll risk injury, which is totally not worth it.

Good luck! :-)
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I finished the program about 3 weeks ago and loved it. I did have some trouble the first week, especially with soreness. By week two, if you stick with it and try your hardest, you WILL notices improvements in the moves. However, the last 15 minutes will probably never get easier. They never did for me. The better you get at the moves the harder you are able push through, resulting in more energy exerted.

Make sure you do the recovery week after the first month. Month 2 is SO much harder and the workouts get longer, you will need to let your body rest before starting that craziness.
    Good luck!
  • Sonic98
    Sonic98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it for the second time around. Forget how long I stuck with it last time. I'm on my first rest day, and I'm down 3 pounds. My challenge this time around or any working out I do is keeping my caloric intake balanced. I'm going to read more over the nutrition guide and borrow a few things from it. Don't really see a way to add it to my check-in on here
  • LeahRobinson714
    LeahRobinson714 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into Insanity myself. I did the program about 2 years ago and did the first month and loved my results! My rest week turned into 3 weeks of rest and was not able to complete the second month. I'm determined to complete the entire program this time. Let's do this!
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    starting round two next week...insanity max 30 that is ..great workout lost about 28 pounds doing it.
  • mrsdecourcey18
    mrsdecourcey18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I tried insanity and made it to week 5. The biggest thing I wish I'd have done differently is kept proper form. I wanted to keep up and go as fast as possible and my form got sloppy. I had to stop because I hurt both knees. It took me a couple months afterwards to even be able to do a basic squat without pain. If I ever do it again I will be so careful to keep quality of form. That's my biggest recommendation. Good luck :)
  • loriangel663
    loriangel663 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've never actually completed the entire two month program, but I like to incorporate the workouts into my routine. I did complete the first month a few years back and saw great results.

One of my big lessons learned is to make sure you're fueling your body properly. The reason I only completed the first month was because my calorie deficit was too large and I got really burned out.

I actually found that protein shakes helped me with recovery. If they are within your calorie and/or macro goals, then go for it. Probably not a must have, but I have found them useful.

Also, don't try to do too much too fast. You'll risk injury, which is totally not worth it.

Good luck! :-)

• loriangel663
    loriangel663 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about calorie deficit I am without energy on 1200 daily