Liquid Diet

Options
vee2k15
vee2k15 Posts: 8 Member
recently had teeth extracted and am on a liquid diet for a few days. Anyone have good suggestions for smoothies that are good tasting and healthy?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be all liquid? Can you do creamy mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed cauliflower (with appropriate butter and seasoning to make it less gross, of course)?

Get some whey protein and make smoothies with that. If I ever have a shake for breakfast (rarely) I'll use some vanilla whey, skim milk, instant oatmeal, and frozen fruit. You can add yogurt.

Also milkshakes. This is a great time for milkshakes.
  • vee2k15
    vee2k15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For the first couple of days yes. Thank you I will be getting some today
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Any food you have, including a piece of pizza, can be made into a liquid meal as long as you put it in the blender with some water.
    A smoothie recipe I like is this one:
    one cup of milk, ½ banana, ½ apple, 1 cup of kale, 1 scoop of protein powder.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the "put pizza in blender, add water" part. Nope.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    When I used to be not hungry at breakfast, but Mom insisted I eat before school, she'd make me a shake
    with vanilla ice cream, milk, bananas, peanut butter, and a couple raw eggs for protein.

For fewer calories, use frozen fruit instead of ice cream. Blending that with milk makes a decent (& very simple)
    smoothie. And yes, this would be a good time for protein powder.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Make a soups , all sorts from pumkin /sweet potato, potato and sasuage run through the blender till smooth the drink , bummer not able to chew
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If they are wisdom teeth, don't use a straw to drink it! The sucking action can cause painful problems! (Learnt the hard way!)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Soup, I love soup. You could make a lentil and bacon one so that is was higher protein to fill you more. Broccoli and cheddar soup is nice as well.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Wildstorms wrote: »
    If they are wisdom teeth, don't use a straw to drink it! The sucking action can cause painful problems! (Learnt the hard way!)

Seconded XS. Although I think "dry socket" is possible with all teeth.

Sorry, I have very little to add. Just wishing you well, but it sounds like this is going to suck for you for a little while.