Sometimes it's just so slow-going!

Options
I'm no way deterred, nor do I feel like quitting. It's time I AM achieving my goal. No excuses this time.

But... I lost weight last year and put it back on (ate my way through work problems). I am so proud of myself this time, the weight is coming off, I'm on week 2 of Insanity max 30 and can feel my health improving. I've lost just over 1 stone (1.5-2 to go, but will reassess as I get there).

Yet... I still can only just get back into my 'fat' clothes that I was in danger of growing out of. I KNOW I'm slimmer - an all over thing, where I measure hasn't moved much- and the scale is going down.

I want more!! I keep repeating the phrase I heard on here: slow progress is still progress. I WILL get there.

I'm not really expecting a reply to this, I just don't tend to talk about diet and losing weight in real life and wanted to get this off my chest!

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How long have you been back to losing weight? #nosy
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    It takes time. It is frustrating though, sometimes I feel like I've been exercising and eating at a deficit for ages so surely I should be done by now! Rationally though I know it's a long, slow process - we didn't put on weight overnight so were not going to lose it in a few days either.
    1 stone is a significant weightloss and you should definitely be proud of that, you're moving in the right direction so just keep going.
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About 2.5 months. I think my progress is fines, really, but it proves how much I needed to lose. To have lost a lot, yet it is still not obvious!
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you smotheredincheese. I like you avatar - it's so true. I think I am also frustrated in actually how much I did out back on- if I hadn't, I might be at goal by now! Instead I am shrinking back to square one before I can start losing properly!
  • denhar01
    denhar01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight for over two years. I did it with a slimming club at first until I realised that it was never going to get any easier. I felt the slimming club was selling women the idea that suddenly it would all fall into place and exercise and healthy eating would be a joy every moment. It has never been easy for me and sometimes I find myself in a binge.

Be kind to yourself. You and your body are on this journey together and it's the only bod you'll ever have. Be good to it and try not to beat yourself up if one day isn't as great as the next. We'll all get there eventually.
  • Perfect_Imperfection91
    Options
    I'm glad your not giving up, it's easier for a person to give up then to stick with something difficult and push through. Of course the journey doesn't get easier but your mind and body gets stronger. Keep up the great work! :)