Doing it RIGHT this time. Let's be friends.

Options
ThisLoserGirl13
ThisLoserGirl13 Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys! I'm J. I'm 26 years old. I've been obese as long as I can remember. I came from a rather large family, so it was never an issue for me. I never thought about weight loss until after high school. I fiddle-farted around though, and let school stress, career stress, life stress become a habit forming enabler for myself. I blossomed from 280 in High School to a lovely 360.4 in college. I graduated last May (2014) and have been teaching ever since. I tried to lose weight off and on when my family got in a 'fit' mood. But I never did it for the right reasons. It was always because I liked some boy, or I wanted to 'be skinny'. It was never to be healthy. Never to find an inner peace with my outer self. Never, ever for the right reasons.
I started Weight Watchers in January, and then joined Planet Fitness in February. I instantly fell in love with working out. INSTANTLY. It still brings me joy. However, WW wasn't doing it for me. I felt like I was eating TOO much, and I couldn't keep up with my nutritional information. How much sugar was I consuming a day with those 'free' fruits? How much sodium is in that 5pp pack of ramen noodles? Did it fit my points? YEP :) Did I lose much? Not really.
Then a friend told me maybe I should try My Fitness Pal to switch things up. I had hit a 30lb plateau and was frustrated. As soon as I started MFP I began to notice a difference. I WANTED to diet. I WANTED to eat healthy. I WANTED to consume less and make a drastic change in my life.
So now, I'm doing this for me.
I'm doing this so that I can change my life. I'm doing this so I can be the BEST version of myself. Do I make mistakes? YOU BETCHA! Do I have cheat days? Welllllll....*cough*cheatweeks*cough*. I try not to. Sometimes I fall off that wagon BAD...and I mean BAAAD. But the best part of THIS journey is that I ALWAYS get back up and try again. #YouOnlyFailIfYouQUIT :):)

I've lost 41lbs, I still need to lose 172 to be at goal. It's a loooong term goal, but I will get there one day. For now, I want to see under 300... then 250...then 200. I GOT THIS!
#ImDoingThisForMe

Replies

• jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We can be friends, I have fallen and got back on, fallen and got back on many many many times!
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're on track, good job!
  • wonderpage
    wonderpage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's amazing you lost 41 lbs!!!
  • blueberrymohn
    blueberrymohn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please add me :) I am looking for motivation, inspiration and laughs! Let's do this together!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! Finding your why is an important step. Then it's plastering the walls with post-its, quotes and pictures to always keep it in mind! Consistency is key. It's a change in small habits done over a long period of time that brings us the greatest results.

I log everyday. Feel free to add me :)
  • kriscastleberry
    kriscastleberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me! Let's do it together! You are doing an amazing job!
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story and would love to know how you started your work outs. I don't have the courage yet to go to a gym. I've just started my losing weight adventure this week (I'm a teacher too and summer holiday started this week here in the Netherlands, I figured perfect time to get in shape for the new school year.) I have 100+lbs to lose, so it will be a long road. Maybe we can support each other. I have send you a friend request.
  • danip415
    danip415 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends I will add you!!!
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    aurora184 wrote: »
    I have a similar story and would love to know how you started your work outs. I don't have the courage yet to go to a gym. I've just started my losing weight adventure this week (I'm a teacher too and summer holiday started this week here in the Netherlands, I figured perfect time to get in shape for the new school year.) I have 100+lbs to lose, so it will be a long road. Maybe we can support each other. I have send you a friend request.

Workouts began in the gym for me, but it all started with cardio. I knew if I could get used to walking, then I could progress to the elliptical, then to the ARC trainer, etc. Since you don't want to go to the gym yet, I say walk. Cardio is the one exercise proven to pull weight off super fast. Get your heart pumping and that weight a moving. I can also recommend some videos on YouTube. Today (in the privacy of my own home) I'm trying "Dance Fitness with Jessica" on YouTube. I'm home alone and want to have a little fun :) hit me up ANYTIME. I love talking to people about this stuff. It keeps me motivated.
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    jlann55 wrote: »
    sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    We can be friends, I have fallen and got back on, fallen and got back on many many many times!

It's such a roller coaster! Thanks!! :smile: )
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    Sho0gy_D wrote: »
    You're on track, good job!
    Thanks so much!! :)
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    wonderpage wrote: »
    That's amazing you lost 41 lbs!!!

Everyone keeps saying that, and yes, it's freaking awesome! But I still don't see it. It's a mental thing for me, but every once in a while something fits differently, or I can wear a size smaller, and I admit how great I'm doing. So thank you! I appreciate it :)
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sometimes enough is enough! Good for you! You can add me if you'd like :)
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    Please add me :) I am looking for motivation, inspiration and laughs! Let's do this together!

Deal!
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    Hi! Finding your why is an important step. Then it's plastering the walls with post-its, quotes and pictures to always keep it in mind! Consistency is key. It's a change in small habits done over a long period of time that brings us the greatest results.

I log everyday. Feel free to add me :)

Thanks! I even started a fitness journal and a fitness-Instagram with my friend. I've got to get that mindset :)
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Nicely Done! Those of us with a lot of weight to lose have to be patient, it will happen.
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    Add me! Let's do it together! You are doing an amazing job!

Awesome! Totally! Thanks!
  • ThisLoserGirl13
    Options
    danip415 wrote: »
    Let's be friends I will add you!!!

Yay! Thank you :)