When do you face the scale?

Options
Just out of curiosity, how often do you weigh yourself? Once a week? Once every two? Do you avoid the scale? Do you like what it has to say to you? Or do you hate the thing? I'd love to hear what you all do and how you measure your progress.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    First, or second, thing in the morning, every morning.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Every Friday-first thing in the am
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    every saturday morning early
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

There is a very large thread about this at the top of the forum right now: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10204800/how-often-does-everyone-get-weighed/p1
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I weigh after using the bathroom every single morning. I log it in my phone app to see my trend and go about my day. The number on the scale use to control and determine my mood for the day, and would just stress me out. Thankfully I have learned that weight loss isnt linear and that the weight will fluctuate from day to day. And when the scale didnt move, which happened in March, I compared my measurement from the previous month, to see if I lost inches. So regardless what the number on the scale is I only rely I my trend and as long as its on a downward spiral I will continue to do what I'm doing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,142 Member
    Options
    Second thing every morning.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

There is a very large thread about this at the top of the forum right now: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10204800/how-often-does-everyone-get-weighed/p1

Yeah, check that thread from yesterday.

Short answer, Sun morning fresh out of bed, at the gym, before my workout.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Only time I record it is Friday morning. I do check at other times throughout the week.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Every 2 weeks...Friday or Saturday morning.
    I'm maintaining , so feel i don't need to weigh myself too often.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    *shrug* Whenever the urge strikes me. Can be any time, any day of the week. I've come to accept what the scale shows me is simply a number. If it's a smaller one than before, great. If it isn't, that's okay too. My clothing fits better, my overall health is vastly improved, those are more important to me than a number (though I'll be excited when that number starts with a 1)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week in the morning after using the bathroom. I only avoid it during my period since I know I'll be heavier anyways.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    each day after my run
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Usually Friday mornings. Sometimes how clothes fit trumps the number though - and also how I feel. So the scale *can* disappoint, but I'm learning (like most things, slowly) not to take it too gravely seriously.

I'm about 2 pounds from goal weight, so we're talking slow weight loss here. (Also over age 50 :s )
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday and Wednesday after my morning pee.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    First, or second, thing in the morning, every morning.
    This

Naked, before eating/drinking anything, and after going to the bathroom!
  • OteroG05
    OteroG05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I weigh after using the bathroom every single morning. I log it in my phone app to see my trend and go about my day. The number on the scale use to control and determine my mood for the day, and would just stress me out. Thankfully I have learned that weight loss isnt linear and that the weight will fluctuate from day to day. And when the scale didnt move, which happened in March, I compared my measurement from the previous month, to see if I lost inches. So regardless what the number on the scale is I only rely I my trend and as long as its on a downward spiral I will continue to do what I'm doing.

^ This
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    whenever i feel like it. i dont consider it "facing" anymore, its just some estimated numbers that i can use to make decisions and track trends.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i dont like using the scale and try to avoid it. Having said that i do use it here and there to be more accurate about where im at body fat wise. If i feel that ive gained a little weight because i can tell in the mirror or can feel a little more body fat from the pinch test i will weigh to get a more accurate idea of where im at and how much i need to lose. If i am losing once i get to the level of lean that i see i like and feel via pinching i use the scale to confirm im at the level of lean i want to be. I Weighing first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom give me the most accurate weight numbers.
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I probably weigh myself too often. I just like to see the fluctuations during the day and don't worry if there is a 1-5lb difference. I only record my low weights and as long as I stay within a "range" trending downward I'm happy.