Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Operation: 4th of July Challenge... Anyone feeling up to it?

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    I'm in!
  • batorsbabe37
    batorsbabe37 Posts: 25 Member
    im in also!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Intro:

My name is Lena. I'm down 33 pounds so far. Would like to drop another 15 or so.....I think that this 5 week challenge will help me to stay on track. I just got back from a vacation, and am a bit out of my routine with both eating well and exercising. Hard to believe July 4 is only 5 weeks away!
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Kathy. I'm doing this challenge because my birthday (the big two one) is on the 13th and I would love to be at least 10 lbs lighter. I think it would be a great confidence booster!
  • janelora
    janelora Posts: 7
    i would like to join. I will turn 50 on 7/2, and if I have to be old, I can't be fat. Have lost 24 lbs so far. Would like to lose 10 more by the 2nd (or 4th)
    Starting weight 253.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Im in too!!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    I'm in! When do we start? How do we start?

I am in maintenance mode, so shouldn't be losing too much/if any. Having said that, I need the accountablity.

Thanks! Hope I'm not too late..

:flowerforyou:
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Introducing me...

I just had a birthday - I'm 54 years young now. I have lost 17 pounds, and am starting the maintenance portion of the program. I am the proud momma to 2 wonderful girls (23 and 27), and to 8 furry (feline) children. Spitfire is the one in my picture.

I just found out that I am gluten-intolerant - and it makes so much sense! I am feeling so much better these days (could also be the 17 pounds of ick that I lost).

Looking forward to the challenge! See you guys on Monday. Do we come back here, and post?
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    I AM IN!!! :) very exiting! thats why i love this website.. everyone is so motivated and supportive !! LETS DO THIS :)
  • Count me in!
  • JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    I'm definately in. I usually weigh in of Friday mornings but I'll be doing it on Monday from now on. I'm leaving for New Mexico August 3 to see girlfriends I haven't been face to face with in 30 years. I want to look a lot lighter than I do now. I can't wait to get to know everyone else on here too.

Here's to us all "seeing" a lot less of each other by July 4th.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    I am down! I need some motivation to kick my *kitten* into gear!! :happy:
  • HlthyLivin
    HlthyLivin Posts: 8 Member
    Please count me in, too. I'm up for the challenge. I just started on 5/17/11. My weigh in days are Tuesdays, but whatever works for this challenge, if fine with me. Feel free to add me as a friend, too. I've lost 2.8 lbs. the first week. Looking forward to the next weigh in. Let's Do This!!!
  • SVKW
    SVKW Posts: 3
    I SO wanna do this!! If I can still join count me in :) Please?

I'm 160 right now and would love to lose a min of 10 by mid summer.
  • I'm in! I just joined the site, and I want to lose a total of 20-25 pounds. I'm looking forward to being a svelte 105 at 5'1"
  • Chychy17
    Chychy17 Posts: 13
    I want to do it! My birthday is June 17th and I want to have lost 6 pounds by then! I want to be down 10 by the 4th of July!
  • mywaytobeingfit
    mywaytobeingfit Posts: 17 Member
    I'm in!
    I have kept off 64.8 pounds and for the last year have not really focused.
    We are having a family reunion July 4th weekend and would love to feel more confident about myself by making wise choices.

I have 40 pounds that I would like to get off.

-mywaytobeingfit

Add me as a friend.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 241 Member
    I would like to join. My first mini goal is set for the 4th of July.So this challenge is PERFECT for me! I need to lose 13lbs by then to be at 215! I usually weigh in on Saturdays. But dont mind weighing in on Monday. one question do we weigh in here on this thread?
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm in ! Add me! :) We can do this!
  • TrishCastle
    TrishCastle Posts: 9 Member
    I live in NZ and head to see my sister in Brisbane on 7th July. A 4th July challenge sounds like a great idea, because I want to fit into my summer clothes! I seem to have "all of a sudden" gone from 68 kilos to 78 kilos and I didn't even like being 68 kilos! Since starting here on MFP I have already lost 2 kilos but love the idea of a group challenge. Count me in.