Dad Bod

Hi all,

I'm 21 from the UK and seriously need to get rid of my dad bod.

I used to have a real fast metabolism and was skinny as anything, started going to the gym then had to have a hernia repair

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    If that is how you describe yourself at age 21 then make a plan and stick to it. Dad bods at that age turn into what when you turn 30-40s if not fixed?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Losing weight has nothing to do with the gym. Exercise is for fitness, eating right is for weight loss. Weigh all of your solid food and eat at a calorie deficit. When you are healed, start back at the gym.
  • liambrennan123
    liambrennan123 Posts: 7 Member
    That's what I'm trying to do... I used the calculator on here and it says that I'm allowed 1500 a day... should lose 10lbs by August!

I've healed now just find it hard to make time to get down to the gym!
  • RAFREGROB
    RAFREGROB Posts: 25 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Losing weight has nothing to do with the gym. Exercise is for fitness, eating right is for weight loss. Weigh all of your solid food and eat at a calorie deficit. When you are healed, start back at the gym.

I would say both exercise and eating right are important for weight loss. Being at a calorie deficit is what we are after to lose weight and exercise accelerates that calorie burning process. Not to mention having a higher muscle mass burns more calories even when you're not at the gym.
  • liambrennan123
    liambrennan123 Posts: 7 Member
    So if I eat a calorie defecit, and go to the gym it will improve weightloss? Also I have some fat burners I got free with a bundle from myprotein a few months back, do they do anything?