Dear Friends who are afraid of the gym

Options
GettinMyLifeBck
GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
First let me say this message is for anyone who has experienced what I have or fearing the gym because of what others will say and think. Also for the trainers. Instagram @GettingMyLifeBackNow

When I was over 400lbs I remember being at La fitness giving it my all and over heard someone talking about me and then they snapped a picture of me. I left about 5 min later and binged on Taco Bell and cookies. I said "eff this why me why me" People can be so cruel and not to mention I had already heard two trainers talking about how they didn't want to work with me and then they passed me on to another lady that was new. I felt like I didn't deserve to be healthy and for a minute I just accepted my destiny. After eating my feelings and hiding my pain for over a week I decided eff them.. Imma show all their *kitten* and they will regret when the world see me that they aren't mentioned in my bio.. So I took all that pain and just walked outside sometimes until my knees and ankles would swell.(15- 20 min is all I could do). I was fed up with my own BS sad story and I stopped telling people about it because I felt like a broken record.. So cheers to whoever just took a pic of me because I could care less all I want is a copy of it

Replies

• jojo4everjq839
    jojo4everjq839 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss success!!!! I wish my mom would not care about what others think of her because that makes her not go to the gym. Other gym she went to with my brother was called golds gym now it's eos fitness but when she was getting her membership the guy (of course it was a buff guy) was really mean to her because of her weight. She saw how he treated all the skinny people like best friends but when it came to my mom he was just rude! My brother wanted to beat him up. But people need to be more respectful and encouraging because they are there to lose weight. Like at least they are trying to get their lives back and not sit and do nothing about it. People should be applauding these people and wanting to help. People are just so messed up.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I always smile at everyone at the gym (buff people included) for this exact reason. Everybody is there trying to accomplish the same goal! If anything, people should mind their own business and get back to their workouts instead of criticizing others trying to make a positive change in their lives.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    Options
    Thank you!! And yes is so sad how some people act but we have the power and you be sure to Keep up the great work!!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    very inspirational! thank you
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Good message. And WOW! at your before/after photo at the bottom of your post! You have done amazing! :)

• Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Wow. Messing with someone at the gym. That takes a special kind of stupid.

Meh, I see people at 400 pounds at the gym and I love to watch them win. I also love geriatric members. They keep my behind getting up MWF rain, shine, or whine and joining them. Good on you for winning. And speaking of the gym... gotta go! ;)
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Ysmir wrote: »
    Wow. Messing with someone at the gym. That takes a special kind of stupid.

Meh, I see people at 400 pounds at the gym and I love to watch them win. I also love geriatric members. They keep my behind getting up MWF rain, shine, or whine and joining them. Good on you for winning. And speaking of the gym... gotta go! ;)

"...rain, shine, or whine..." lolol. That would be me, especially the "whine" part. :blush:
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    Options
    Yeah people are so cruel.. We just get stronger..
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That's right, "turn your haters into your motivators"
  • reinventingjessica
    reinventingjessica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People can be so cruel! I never understood why of all places, people have this kind of attitude in a gym. Congrats on your success and not letting the stupidity of others prevent you from making a change!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    How do trainers not realize that the already-buff people are not their customers?? Not too smart! Congratulations for controlling your mind and emotions like that - it's really the hardest part of anything IMO. You're a champion.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look amazing and it's unbelieveable that you've lost 249lbs! So incredible, I'm sure you're an inspiration to many!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss, such an inspiration.

As a side note, did you report the trainers to gym management? Seriously, the one's that need truly need a PT are those of us whom are overweight/unfit.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I think it is fantastic that you used their idiocy to fuel your desire to become healthier. Many times people let things like that stand in the way of their own greatness. Thank you for sharing and inspiring many people to keep on working towards their goals no matter what others may think!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations and continued success to you!

It sucks that you ran across such sh!tty people on your journey, but I'm glad you persevered.
  • alohomora36
    alohomora36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're awesome and beautiful and this is a shout out to everyone on their journey...you can do it! It's your life, your body, your spiritual and emotional well being and anyone who tries to be better than their former self and succeeds deserves respect and praise! So proud of what you've accomplished! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
  • kitten992107
    kitten992107 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    People say 'take that hate and use it to motivate' but sometimes it is easier said then done. I had a similar experience where a lady laughed at me, almost in my face. I kept doing what I was and to this day when she sees me, she just holds her head down - It always makes me chuckle :#

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    People say 'take that hate and use it to motivate' but sometimes it is easier said then done. I had a similar experience where a lady laughed at me, almost in my face. I kept doing what I was and to this day when she sees me, she just holds her head down - It always makes me chuckle :#

That's just freakin awesome! You should put that on a t-shirt. Nothing better than watching someone scarf down humble pie on the regular!

But you're right, it is really hard to "use the hate as fuel". You have to have some positive motivation.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    Options
    Amazing loss, such an inspiration.

As a side note, did you report the trainers to gym management? Seriously, the one's that need truly need a PT are those of us whom are overweight/unfit.

No i didnt but i wish i did now! One of them is still there and i noticed another one follows me on instagram lol